Crew Scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crashpad said:
Ours call the day before, address you as 'sir' and party with us as well!

They will call you on your day off too, call you sir and then say "we are junior manning you". You say "that's nice, no can do call someone else." "OK have a good day off"...Click

udontwanaknow - AWAC

AvroJockey said:
I've been on reserve for the better part of 4 years on the Saab in DTW. I can say with pride that our crew schedulers are nothing but the best. I come to work, do my job, and they will go out of their way to make sure your time away from home is easy. However, they too have a job to do, including junior manning. I've been called for a junior man 5 times in the 6+ years I've been here, and caught 1 of those times. One junior man in six years is pretty good. Additionally, 9 times out of 10 they will release me early on my last day of reserve. (ex. get to go home on a 15:30 flight when scheduled on reserve till 19:00) On top of that, about 75% of the time they will let me change my contact time the first day of reserve so I can commute in on the same day. I don't know how many times they've called me at the hotel in the morning to tell me the flight didn't make it in the night before, so the crew and I could sleep in. They are not required to do this per our contract. I even had a scheduler apoligize to me for assigning me a certain trip. (it was two highspeeds back-to-back that they changed into legal overnights for me)

Our schedulers are very personable, and forgiving (never got a mistrip when my phone was accidently on silence, and they called me for a trip; this has happened more than once). Some XJ pilots don't have the same experience, but I can tell you that if you come to work and do what's expected of you (in the contract, nothing extra), our schedulers will treat you with same positive attitude.

Agree 110%. Mesaba has great crew schedulers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back