Crew Pass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IslandDriver

Has anyone heard any more about any more airports using the Crew Pass system? It works great in BWI and PIT. I just do not know why the other airports can not add it in? It looks like alls they need is a lap-top at the exit with the TSA person they already have sitting at the exit.

Places like MCO, PVD, MHT, etc that only have one security screening area should be able to impliment this very easily.

this was such a hot topic and it seems to have moved to the back burner...was wondering if any companies out there have heard anything new.

"Crew Pass"

I'll take what is a 2 word joke for security for $500, Alex...

Mookie

Word I heard from my company is it was real close to getting turned on when the TSA expressed interest in running it.

Now it is back at square one with the TSA not even liking the name 'CrewPass' I guess that means don't hold your breath.

Just ask the TSA agents to give you an example of what they are looking for in your bags that they could fin to make the plane safer?

I posed that very question ( not exactly phrased..but close) and you should have seen the look I got. This happened a couple of years ago. Recently, I relayed this story to my AME and he said that he recently examined a pilot from another airline that was basically " jacked up " for asking the same question. Although he mentioned the B word when he posed his question. That got him an interview with the Federal BI.

I have noticed that the TSA has tried to put on a better face when dealing with passengers in some cities but others...not so much... crew pass is long overdue.

Traveling with my family over the holidays I had an unpleasant experience while dealing with the TSA at the luggage screening station. Right as I was about to place my luggage on the white line, I noticed I had not placed my roller board hook on the inside of the bag. As I laid the bag down and began to remove the hook to place it inside, the TSA guy shouts loudly " Sir...please step out of line to do that...SIR....SIR....YOU ARE BLOCKING THE ACCESS TO THE SCREENER!" Before he finished his sentence ( maybe 10 seconds) I was handing him the bag. He still had a scowl on his face when I contemplated asking him what his problem was, but I figured why bother since it was a no win situation. My wife, who was standing some distance away, asked what that was all about. I just told her we would be lucky if our bags don't wind up in Canada. What's up with some of these guys?

They have "pilot like" egos? :D

Latest resources

Back