• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Junior2

The one and only
Couple questions about logbooks...

Are most people just using the crew log as the final document for rip logbook?

I have been using ASA's crew log, and usually transpose the data to my large Jeppesen logbook. I really get sick of the work, and would rather just write it down once. I'm not going to get the electronic log yet (I need to get onto a Major before I can afford that).

I also have been looking at this logbook (http://www.flightcrewlogbook.com) ..has anyone used it? The format looks as if it could replace my big book. Just curious, thanks!

Couple questions about logbooks...

Are most people just using the crew log as the final document for rip logbook?

I have been using ASA's crew log, and usually transpose the data to my large Jeppesen logbook. I really get sick of the work, and would rather just write it down once. I'm not going to get the electronic log yet (I need to get onto a Major before I can afford that).

I also have been looking at this logbook (http://www.flightcrewlogbook.com) ..has anyone used it? The format looks as if it could replace my big book. Just curious, thanks!

I used a master log until the major airline job. Most majors have to the minute electronic records of flying. I stopped logging at 15,000 hours plus......what's the point? AS for interviews, they are a very big part of your presentation. Neat, accurate and up to date speaks volumes about the candidate. Walking in with a stack of little red crew logs is tacky, when other's have stepped up their game.

As an interviewer, I want to see 1500 hours, hand written, in a green paged, leather logbook, with handwritten endorsements that show an ATP sign off in ink. After that, everything else just needs to "make sense"......

well, I ordered a couple crew logs from flight crew logbook. Now I'm awaiting delivery. It looks like a pretty solid solution IMHO. I'll write more when I get them delivered.

I already have the 1500+ in a green page logbook....I just need a simple solution that doesn't require batteries to log.

As an interviewer, I want to see 1500 hours, hand written, in a green paged, leather logbook, with handwritten endorsements that show an ATP sign off in ink. After that, everything else just needs to "make sense"......

Gotta disagree with you buddy. I was an interviewer as well. If someone takes the time to enter all of their times into an electronic logbook, and print it out at Kinkos in a nice binder, that's good enough for me. I just need proof of the time. It's nice if I can read it, and the electronic logbooks make everything so clean and simple.

Welcome to the 21st century!

Latest resources

Back