Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CA1900

Big Member
Hey, folks. Our airline is absolutely fed up with the Millennium Airport Hotel in Buffalo (formerly Four Points), near the Walden Galleria mall. After months of complaints about bad van service and rude staff, our hotel contact has done some legwork and gotten some bids from different hotels. (We tried for the Homewood, but they didn't place a bid. Darn!)

Does anyone have any experience with any of these hotels on this list?

Days Inn on Genesee St.
Quality Inn on Genesee St.
Comfort Inn on Dick Road
Sleep Inn on Holtz Drive in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Airport on Niagara Falls Blvd
Ramada Inn on Freeman Road in Williamsville

Most important things for us are a reliable van, a restaurant within walking distance that serves food & beer, and isn't a fleabag motel. A place that provides free breakfast would be a huge plus. Free internet would be nice too.

Thanks in advance.

Holiday Inn Airport always seems to have a prompt driver and you can walk to Max's, The Olympic (greek place), and Dennys.

CA1900 said:
Does anyone have any experience with any of these hotels on this list?

Days Inn on Genesee St.
McDonalds nearby, Dennys/Olympic/Holiday Inn restaurant isn't too bad of a walk. Never been in it, but the outside looks average at best. 6 floors I think.

Quality Inn on Genesee St.
Not sure about this one.

Comfort Inn on Dick Road
Not too much within a close walk. Great van service. Nice rooms, nice staff. Free wireless. Every room is a suite. No elevator (2 floors)

Sleep Inn on Holtz Drive in Cheektowaga
Gas station store nearby. Restaurant in the Holiday Inn right next door. Dennys and Olympic within easy walk. Decent van service. Average rooms. Free wireless (when it works). 3 floors.

Holiday Inn Airport on Niagara Falls Blvd
Not sure about this one. There is a holiday inn right next to the airport... but I don't think is it. Niagara Falls Blvd is a longer drive than any other hotel you listed. The holiday inn next to the airport has a restaurant inside and Dennys right next door. Never been in it but the outside looks like any other holiday inn (2 story).

Ramada Inn on Freeman Road in Williamsville
I make it a point to avoid Ramadas!

good luck. Finally I can put the knowledge that commuting gave me to work!

My former copmany used to overnight crews at the Millenium (it was a Sheraton at the time however) that you mentioned from before my time in '99 until about the summer of '01. I didn't mind the place, never really had any problems, and I enjoyed the mall right next door, the Borders book store and all the other places (Wegmans subs!) across Walden Ave. Sometime in the summer of '01, they switched us to the Hampton, still on Walden, but on the other side of I-90. A little bit longer walk to the mall and all the other things near the old hotel, probably too much in the wintertime, but there is a MacDonalds and Bob Evan's in the parking lot, a Fridays and a smallish shopping center across the street (Target, Office Max, and a few others good for killing time and stretching the legs).

The Hampton had the usual decent breakfast, with excellant donuts from a local bakery (the only overnight I ever allowed myself to eat donuts, it's just that I stayed there too often from '01 until '04), a decent pool, an okay workout room, fair TV, better than average van service and better than average staff. The van was usually pretty good about taking us to the mall and Otto's (another local watering hole with cheap food and drink and a nice patio).

My current employer puts overnight crews at the Comfort Inn. I've only stayed there 2 nights on IOE, but it seemed nice enough at the time. I recall a nice enough breakfast, and the one evening around dinnertime they had free pizza in the lobby.

Latest resources

Back