Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahpilot

Seeing the light
looking to spend a few mid-week evenings in NYC first week of May.

anyone know of any good/decent hotels that give a good crewmember rate?

thx

What would a hick like you wanna do in Manhattan?????

Try the Milford Plaza. Only about a block from time square.

We stayed at the Sheraton Manhatten recently. It was 175 a nite on the crew rate. Great location too. About 3 blocks north of times square, 51st street if I remember correctly. Nice walk to the theater dist and just about every place else. Do a search for their website.

RV
BTW, I had checked into the Milford Plaza and found that in my opinion, it was alittle run-down and smallish rooms. The Sheraton had fairly large rooms for NYC.

KeroseneSnorter said:
LOL......Great minds think alike ay Saab!! :)

or was that feeble minds.............. :)

LOL.........too funny:laugh:

I asked this question a couple of years ago and lucked into a good site. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and look up hotels in the part of town you want. The site tells you winning bids at specific hotels and dates that they are for on priceline.com so that you know what you will get and what to bid to get it on priceline. It works great for Manhatten since there are always tons of people who are going there and then reporting back. I think I ended up at the Park Central or something like that accross the street from Carnegie Hall for about $75 a nite. I know hotel rates have been going up lately, but I would think you'll be able to use this method to get under $100 a night. Good luck.

007 said:
What would a hick like you wanna do in Manhattan?????

um, what?

In Hoc to you, my fellow Sigma Chi (?)

I stayed at the Red Roof on 32nd St (2 blocks south of the ESB), and paid under $150 a night. Good sized rooms, free cont. breakfast. It's only a block to the 34th st subway station (yellow & orange lines), and two from the Park Ave station (green line).

Had a Capt tell me that he stayed at the Millenium in Times Square. Normally $350/night, crew rate was $210.

Latest resources

Back