Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Do the FBO's usually have insurance on their crew cars for multiple drivers. I was at Atlantic in PHL today and had to sign a waver stating that I was responsible for any damage to their crew car. I guess I should call state farm tomorrow and see if my policy extends to borrowed vehicles.
Has anyone here ever wrecked the crew car and were you responsible for the repairs?

rk772 said:
Do the FBO's usually have insurance on their crew cars for multiple drivers. I was at Atlantic in PHL today and had to sign a waver stating that I was responsible for any damage to their crew car. I guess I should call state farm tomorrow and see if my policy extends to borrowed vehicles.
Has anyone here ever wrecked the crew car and were you responsible for the repairs?
A guy i work with once got in a fender bender with in a crew car and the person decided to sue the FBO as well as the guy i work with. the guy i work with ended up getting off without any lawsuits because he didn't have to sign anything when he borrowed the car, i think that was their main grounds for suing the FBO.

I'm not sure who paid for the damages though.

my insurance supposedly covers borrowed vehicles. all the fbos with newer cars that i've been to made me sign something, but the smaller fbos usually don't worry about it because their cars aren't worth as much as the deductable.

Your company should be liable for when you are using a crew car on the road.

Just my .02

My insurance company doesn't cover 'borrowed' cars but they cover rentals. How do I know? I backed a crew car (van) into a tree once. There was a little bumper damage and a small dent, not much damage but neither the FBO's insurance nor my insurance would cover it. The FBO wanted to recover a little $ for the damage or call the cops. Neither one was a good option for me. They actually got an estimate on repairing the damage (it was a very small town, and a local shop said it would only cost $200- $250 or something like that). So we offered to pay about half the cost- $100 to make the ordeal go away and the FBO agreed to that.

How much you wanna bet that those dents are still there? ;)

It was a big debacle over a small dent in a crew van that took half a day to sort out. If you use crew cars a lot, might want to look into how your insurance works for that type of thing.

Or...

... use the same care and caution taxiing the van the same way you would your aircraft. Oh yeah, I forgot. It was the tree's fault.

aeronautic1 said:
... use the same care and caution taxiing the van the same way you would your aircraft

Hey, I've taxied Lears into plenty of trees, too. The company insurance pays for those, and I just get yelled at by the Chief Pilot. :)

Thanks for the sarcasm, and congratulations on earning the Lifetime Achievement Award for accident-free, incident-free driving.

lol Wang. ya alot of places are starting to make you sign some kinda waiver or list your insurance carrier at least. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Lawyers!

I might have known a guy one time that smacked an 18-wheeler's fuel tank fairing when it pulled in front of him while he was going a tad over the posted speed limit. I think the dent matched all of the other twenty and I don't think anything was ever said. Might have heard it at the place somewhere down the road back then or something....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back