Crew Cars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

commuterguy

I'm on my way back to the fractional side of things and had a question about crew cars (which I used to enjoy quite a bit.) With fuel prices being what they are, are you guys seeing more restrictions placed on their use? Or them disappearing all together? As I recall, it was a rare occasion when we didn't have one available, I'm hoping that's still the norm.

Yesterday's crew car in Medford OR was a near new BMW 535. Sweet ride.

Cars are still around but most FBOs limit them to 2-3 hours. Overnights are rare anymore but other than that, I haven't seen much change.

Flying fractional (in my experience) you won't be on the ground long enough during the day to need it much other than to run to lunch. Overnights you'll have a hotel shuttle, taxi or rental car.

Just keep in mind when you take the car for extended periods of time you may be screwing the next guy trying to get a bite to eat.

guido411 said:
Just keep in mind when you take the car for extended periods of time you may be screwing the next guy trying to get a bite to eat.

x100000000000000000

A few FBOs are starting to take credit cards with the threat that they'll charge $50 or something if you keep the car for more than their limit (typically 1.5-2hr). I don't think thats unreasonable, especially considering that probably won't happen unless you're keeping another crew waiting.

Personally, I'd rather have a fleet of Ford Focuses at an FBO than one or two BMW/Jaguar/Caddy/Rovers/etc. I mean we're going to lunch and maybe Starbucks, I don't need to be rolling big...

Some crew cars are newer & better than others; and then is one we had recently. Certainly an old airport car, with the old fashioned 4/40 air conditioning; 4 windows down, 40 mph.

Some crew cars are newer & better than others; and then is one we had recently. Certainly an old airport car, with the old fashioned 4/40 air conditioning; 4 windows down, 40 mph.

LMFAO too funny. Right on. We should all get lifetime exemptions from DMV license renewals because we have proven we can drive anything.

Latest resources

Back