Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwbusdrvr

Hey folks,

Starting class at NJA on Jan 23rd. and was wordering if anyone could suggest a good credit card to have, or are we using a company provided card? I was told that for training I would pay for hotel and expense it back to company. Thanks.

I use the AMEX Platinum Hilton. On expenses alone, I get 10,000 Hilton points per month, not including Hotel stays. You get lots of miles airlining and double dipping at Hilton. Company card gets you 40,000 points per year. The new contract allows direct deposit for all cards now, so the delay is not appreciable. I also like to keep the paper records for loan apps, etc. Telling a bank you make this non-taxable income requires documentation.

Amex Plat Hilton and Amex visa.

The bar tab alone will be 100,000 points.

Sign up for Hilton HHonors. If you stay at the CMH Embassy Suites, go to HHonors website, find HHonors MyWay and change rewards to points and points. 50% bonus on points. Airline points are for each stay, not night. You can change this option anytime. Definately do it for Co. Recurrent and A/C Recurrent.

Once you get Diamond Status you get a snack in your room or free breakfast. Opt out of this and you get 1000 pts at select hotels (500 at Hampton which you rarely stay at). The company contracted free breakfast is always available.

Ditto on HHonors AMEX. No annual fee. I blow off HHonors VISA. It's only 3 pts/$ vs. AMEX 5 pts/$.

Discounts at Siren's just down from Embassy!

My 2 cents.

Good Luck!!

I'm using the Amex Hilton but am considering the Company Card. What it comes down to is free hotel room vs. free airline tickets. What's more valuable to you? Using the Amex you'll get around 2-3 extra free hotel rooms per year, with the Company card you'll get 40K points per year which works out to 3 tickets every 2 years. If money is tight you'll get reimbursed more quickly using the company card since you can do per diem and tip reimbursement online soon as the tour ends. Soon as the hotel charges show up on the credit card website you can file online for the rest of your expenses. Using the Amex card you have to print a paper expense repost and attach receipts then mail it in. A $560 expense report I mailed in early November never arrived I just found out. Luckily I copied everything before sending it in and they let me fax the copies since it'd been so long. Filing online I wouldn't have had this problem. I've heard with the company card you have to send receipts in too, but it's easier than doing it on your own.

AirBear

Maybe I'm paranoid.....but......not too many hotel chains declaring bankruptcy. The only FF gig working for me is SWA...few blackout dates.....don't set aside seats for FF, etc. Tried to book Delta FF seats 6 months out on a 767. Hmmm.....none available on a flight that was showing only 10% booked.

BTW, no expense check within two weeks at NJA? I'd call T&E. EFT is now available for those paper expense check guys like myself.

otto feather said:
BTW, no expense check within two weeks at NJA? I'd call T&E. EFT is now available for those paper expense check guys like myself.

That's why I finally called Crew Resource Center. They can get into the T&E computer system and see when checks were mailed. I had 3 checks outstanding and 2 were in the mail but the oldest one they never even got the report. I sent in the EFT paperwork yesterday. I also asked about being notified when a deposit is made but haven't heard back from T&E.

AirBear

Latest resources

Back