• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Crazy Swiss Hawker Hunter Pilot Video - Watch This

On Your Six

Total Time
Aaaaah, low level flying at high speeds... Good videos. I remember those days. I wonder what the environmentalists would have to say. Who cares...

I still think flying up the side of the Matterhorn in the Alps could not be crazier. That was ridiculous...

Hamburger

Total Time
5000+
Last edited:

tumbleweed

Total Time
Lionel Charlet

The Swiss flying videos are rips from movies by Lionel Charlet...which are some of the best aviation movies ever made. Vols Blancs and Ice Hornet are where most of these scenes are taken from. The DVDs are kind of expensive now because of the exchange rate...but you can get them at http://www.lionelcharlet.com/ if you're into artsy cinematography type stuff.

Benhuntn

Deer Fear Me
Total Time
>11000
That guy was very smooth. I am worried though about the glaciers. (not)

Bjammin

Cease Buzzer
Total Time
>6000
Flying around that area as we speak. I'm out here on a WEPS det with TAW-2. The area known as "Star Wars Canyon" is between PT "B" and "C" on the VR-1266 low level route. Basically just to the Northeast of the Salton Sea.

It's not called that because it's like Luke's run, but because it is very similar, if not THE place, they flimed the scenes in the desert canyons.

Last edited:

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
One learns something everyday :)

I will have to take a look next time I am around there.

SIG600

Total Time
Flying around that area as we speak. I'm out here on a WEPS det with TAW-2. The area known as "Star Wars Canyon" is between PT "B" and "C" on the VR-1266 low level route. Basically just to the Northeast of the Salton Sea.

It's not called that because it's like Luke's run, but because it is very similar, if not THE place, they flimed the scenes in the desert canyons.

The REAL Star Wars Canyon is in Oman IIRC.