• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crash Pad Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always thought you had to show a ticket for the same day of travel to use the Presiden'ts Club. Did they change it recently? Areyou still not allowed to wear your uniform in there? I had thought of doing that a few years ago, but after I heard about all of the restrictions, I didn't do it.

Fly2Scuba said:
I commute to EWR and sleep either in
a) the hotel on an overnight from a hopeful assignment
b) an extra hotel that crew scheduling ended up not using in EWR (rare)
c) the crewroom
d) 2-3 times a month I pay for a hotel room

Otherwise, I bought a Continental Presidents Club membership ($425 annual) that has showers, wireless, tv room, snacks, and booze (after reserve shift is done). Just hang out there all day if no call or the airport has a free shuttle bus that runs out to the local mall. I keep my own blankets in the crew room along with a small camp pillow and head phones with soothing sounds help block out the overnight cleaners. And to cut down on food expenses I bring trail mix, home made protein bars, cereal, sports drink powder, etc. to compliment the morning bagels/muffins and cheese/crackers in the clubs. Fun times.

Lexy said:
I always thought you had to show a ticket for the same day of travel to use the Presiden'ts Club. Did they change it recently? Areyou still not allowed to wear your uniform in there? I had thought of doing that a few years ago, but after I heard about all of the restrictions, I didn't do it.

No ticket requirements; only restriction is that you have to be out of uniform and hide the badge. Changing shirts or covering the pilot shirt with a light jacket accomplishes this. Same rules apply to the NWA Worldclub which the Continental membership allows access to. Delta Crown Room Lounge is also available; though they require a boarding pass. Once again, if you're ambitious, you could buy a refundable non-rev ticket on Delta, get a boarding pass at the ticket counter or gate, not show up during boarding thus never reliquishing your ticket and refund later. Problem solved! Also the President Club membership allows you to bring in 2 guests.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back