• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRASH in Houston

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cessna twin... Looks like a 400 series aircraft...

News..

Private jet crashes at Hobby, killing two

737 diverted to Bush IAH

ktrk_byline.gif

(11/5/05 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A private jet has crashed at Hobby Airport, killing two people.
Also on ABC13.com:
Send us a news tip | RSS feeds | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on airThe accident happened just before 10am Saturday. There was apparently a 737 coming in for a landing some type of difficulty. Air traffic controllers told the pilot of the smaller plane to move off the runway to make way for the 737. The pilot took off in the jet, circled back around, tried to land again and crashed.
The Citation aircraft skidded a distance through a grassy area and ended up on runway #22 where it caught fire. Both people on board are dead, according to HFD officials.
The 737 was diverted to Bush Intercontinental Airport where it landed safely. There's no word yet on what type of problems that plane was experiencing.
Hobby Airport was closed for about an hour following the crash. Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)

"There was apparently a 737 coming in for a landing some type of difficulty. Air traffic controllers told the pilot of the smaller plane to move off the runway to make way for the 737. The pilot took off in the jet, circled back around, tried to land again and crashed."

I dont get it...am i missing something?? Did the citation and the 737 both have a problem? Or is the press just retarded, or is it just me? I dont know.....

I think it's a 500 series Cessna

Yeh, I was wrong.. I was just looking at the picture, before they announced it.. Wonder what happened..

gear goes down said:
I dont get it...am i missing something?? Did the citation and the 737 both have a problem? Or is the press just retarded, or is it just me? I dont know.....
Yes, you are missing out on FAR 91.23239, which calls for sympathetic detonation of all turbine aircraft on a particular frequency, when one turbine aircraft declares an emergency on an odd numbered day of any month beginning or ending in a vowel. It's the law.

FN FAL said:
Yes, you are missing out on FAR 91.23239, which calls for sympathetic detonation of all turbine aircraft on a particular frequency, when one turbine aircraft declares an emergency on an odd numbered day of any month beginning or ending in a vowel. It's the law.

I saw that happen once.. I was glad to have 100LL in the tanks that day.. :)

Latest resources

Back