CR7 Crew Baggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

I am curious to know if most carriers have the modified crevice to place your crew bags in behind the FO's seat on the 50. Is there a better setup in the 70?

We put ours behind the galley carts. They're deep enough to hold 4 carts, but we only have 2.

The F/As also have a larger closet type thing on the right side. You can stack 4 bags in there.

We don't have the modified closet behind the F/Os seat in the 2 or the 7.

I am curious to know if most carriers have the modified crevice to place your crew bags in behind the FO's seat on the 50. Is there a better setup in the 70?

Much Better setup in the 70. There is a small closest for the flight crews luggage in the galley. It can hold two of the tall Perdy Neat bags and one laptop case. No wedging, kicking, or cussing needed.

No wedging your crap into that hole behind the FO's seat. I think that setup caused as much damage to my old bag as putting in the luggage compartment.

It depends on the individual airline configuration. At ASA, the 200 closet is tight (you can squeeze two bags in if you try), and there is no 700 closet. Gotta put the bags in the pax overhead or in the cargo compartment.

We have the ones that you have to wedge your bags in just under the jumpseat lock. I think the company should pay for you to get a new bag each time your rips trying to get it in or out of that thing.

Remember, different carriers have different setups in their respective gallies in the 700 series.

At Comair, the space below the folding wheel chair in galley 2 is used for flight deck crew bags. At ASA, that space is used for FA's bags and so the flight deck crew bags go in the forward cargo bin (usually).

At Comair, in galley 3, the second service cart is empty and the aft FA puts their bag there. AT ASA, that cart is fully stocked.

ETC...

So, it is very carrier and configuration dependent...to answer your question.

:confused:

What?

I thought the modified ones have that little cabinet removed. You can't fit a crew bag under the coat rack. Can you?

I'm confused now.

I think the original aircraft have the space under there. For what ever reasons (I think it has to do with the factory reinforced door mod) they took away that space on later models.

You may be right though as I'm not even sure where I heard that.

Latest resources

Back