Cox Comm. in Atlanta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

westshan

Does anyone have any contact info. for Cox Communications' flight dept., presumably based in Atlanta? Know what they're operating? Someone told me that they have three female pilots in the department. Unusual, eh. Maybe they operate Gulfstreams? Which Atlanta airport? My search is drawing a blank, folks.

Any info. greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

westshan said:
Does anyone have any contact info. for Cox Communications' flight dept., presumably based in Atlanta? Know what they're operating? Someone told me that they have three female pilots in the department. Unusual, eh. Maybe they operate Gulfstreams? Which Atlanta airport? My search is drawing a blank, folks.

Any info. greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

Dont have any contact info.

They have the following A/C to the best of my knowledge.

1 G-V
1 G-IV
1 or 2 800XP's
1 King Air 200

They are in the communications business, own cable companies, newspapers and radio stations. They are privately held.

2 GV (One in HI)
1 GIV
2 800XP
1 KA200

Good luck, one of the best gigs in ATL (Next to 400A's). People with good relationships with insiders are lined up 5 deep.

400A: Bring a heavy jacket to recurrent...

Thanks, gents! Sounds like nice work if you can get it, eh?! Someone I know had a ride on one of their airplanes. He had no idea whether they were hiring, however, and he's certainly not in a position of power.

But, hey, I try to follow up even the impossible leads. Thanks!
Charlie

400A: Bring a heavy jacket to recurrent...[/quote]

AAAHHHHH.... Wichita in the Spring..... Take the heavy coat and the shorts. Also know where the nearest Tornado shelter is at all times.

And of course a gas mask to defend myself from my partner in crime. NEVER EVER feed him Chicken, Ribs and beer in one sitting. You will pay for days!

Last edited:
Nonsense, lads! I just finished my ICT recurrent stint this past week. It was lovely--only rained and snowed the first three days....

Charlie

Cox Gv

The GV is based in PHNL and dedicated to one of the elder familiy members. Had a freind flying it until about a year ago and he finally left simply because of island fever. Good job as I understoodit with a very light scheule on that airplane at least.

Spooky 2 said:
The GV is based in PHNL and dedicated to one of the elder familiy members. Had a freind flying it until about a year ago and he finally left simply because of island fever. Good job as I understoodit with a very light scheule on that airplane at least.

As FLY showed, One of the V's is in PHNL, The other (N1040) is at FTY.

I had a friend flying the PHNL bird that left for the same reason.

Latest resources

Back