Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snowman

Hey y'all,
I am putting together my resume. I am trying to find examples and ideas for a cover letter. Any suggestions? I am applying at local fbo's and club for a position as a cfi. Where can I go to get some examples?
Thanks in advance
snowman

snowman said:
Hey y'all,
I am putting together my resume. I am trying to find examples and ideas for a cover letter. Any suggestions? I am applying at local fbo's and club for a position as a cfi. Where can I go to get some examples?
Thanks in advance
snowman

very simple...don't submit a cover letter! Resumes do just find.

What the hell do cover letters do anyways??? hi my name is so and so and you should hire me becasue im very motivated..blah blah blah blah

I hated cover letters....never submitted one to any jobs and I have never had a problem! Good Luck :)

Do people actually read those stupid things. Concentrate on your resume

i looked on monster.com and found some professional pilot's rsume's and used their format for my resume. if you want, i can send you mine and you can see for yourself.

as far as cover letters, this is where you have to be unique. first paragraph should be a general introduction of yourself and the position you are applying for. the body should outline anything and everything about yourself that makes you marketable for the position. in closing, always thank the reader for his/her time.

i am far from an expert on this issue but this is the general, im sure someone can fill in any other details Ive left out.

au

Walk in ALL of your resumes.
The ones that get sent are put into a pile of other resumes that will never get looked at a second time.

Walk in and ask to speak with the person who does the hiring. Cheif pilot or Director of Operations, sometimes it's just the owner. Introduce yourself, hand them a copy of your resume and verbally let them know who you are, where you're from and what your availabilty is. Make a lasting impression that you want the job. Be flexible and be confident. Listen to what they say. Ask questions and demonstrate your knowledge. First impressions are lasting ones.

Bottom line, sell yourself.

Follow up once a week. Make friendly conversation about how their operation is going, etc. Sometimes volunteering to hang around around and help out can get your foot in the door.

Good Luck.
You'll never forget your first student.

snowman said:
Hey y'all,
Thanks in advance
snowman
You can do a Search for "cover letter" and come up with a good deal of previous discussion on the topic. Here's one:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=37732

If you're unsure about what you're doing, there are experts who can help. If you know how to fix your own car, you might be reluctant to pay someone else to fix it. But if you don't know how, the money to the repairman is well spent. Of course, you could always try to fix it yourself, and then have it towed to the shop when you mess it up worse. :)

Unlike the car repair example, though, you don't exactly get a second chance once you've messed it up. It's rather important that your first impression is the best.

www.awriteresume.com Kathy Sweeney - - you can't go wrong.

Latest resources

Back