Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

Hey all,

I was curious if any Bro drivers out there could shed some light on the schedules? General "fun" factor of the flying, how the trips are built (all early shows, late shows, etc, etc), daily flight time, daily duty time, hotels (nice, bad, really bad), layover cities in general, how long you layover. What are the junior domiciles for both FO and CA spots? Anyone commute/drive from Orange County to the PSP, SAN, SBA, or SBP domiciles? Is it pretty easy? I'd be driving in from the Anaheim/Orange area.

And, if any Bro drivers out there could PM me, I'd like to see if you could send a bid package so I could get a better idea of the type of flying.

Lastly, I'd eventually want to end up in DEN on RJ. I was thinking of staying somewhere junior to DEN and upgrade to start building PIC, then when I can hold DEN CA trasnfer over. My question is, what is the DOH of the junior DEN CA?

Would it be wise to, and this is saying if I got the Bro initially, to upgrade to Bro CA to start building PIC, then when I can hold DEN RJ CA transfer over in however long it takes? My logic behind that would be for building PIC vice sitting around in DEN where I'd really like to be, but as an FO.

Thanks for the help!

Hey all,

I was curious if any Bro drivers out there could shed some light on the schedules? General "fun" factor of the flying, how the trips are built (all early shows, late shows, etc, etc), daily flight time, daily duty time, hotels (nice, bad, really bad), layover cities in general, how long you layover. What are the junior domiciles for both FO and CA spots? Anyone commute/drive from Orange County to the PSP, SAN, SBA, or SBP domiciles? Is it pretty easy? I'd be driving in from the Anaheim/Orange area.

the flying is fun because there is little down time. Huge variety of schedules. In my last 4 day trip, we ended up crediting 22 hours, with duty times between 5 and 9 hours. Block time varied between 2 hours and 7 hours a day. There are a lot of 12 and 13 hour days out there with 6 hours of block and 8 legs...mostly in the socal system. A lot of the cities we layover in aren't that nice, but the hotels are all pretty good...red lions, holiday inn, etc. etc. Layovers can go anywhere from 8.5 hours to 28 hours....most are between 11 and 17 hours though. Most of the people based in san and psp live either in san or somewhere in the LA basin. most cali bases are junior in the brasilia for FO's with FAT and PSP the most junior. PSP and FAT are also the most junior for captains. SBA and SBP from orange county would be crap because those two bases do only day trips.

Lastly, I'd eventually want to end up in DEN on RJ. I was thinking of staying somewhere junior to DEN and upgrade to start building PIC, then when I can hold DEN CA trasnfer over. My question is, what is the DOH of the junior DEN CA?

Would it be wise to, and this is saying if I got the Bro initially, to upgrade to Bro CA to start building PIC, then when I can hold DEN RJ CA transfer over in however long it takes? My logic behind that would be for building PIC vice sitting around in DEN where I'd really like to be, but as an FO.

Thanks for the help!

I'd worry about that after you started working here...each seat/equipment change has a 1 year seat lock attached to it, so you'll have plenty of time to work it out. Generally, if you have the flight time, I'd take the upgrade first (in either airplane) and then work on getting to where you want....

Latest resources

Back