• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Couple Netjets Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, time to be realistic. Of course they wouldn't close all of the Gateways. They wouldn't need to. Five would do fine. The five least popular Gateways. If it only affected 100-150 pilots, it could still give the rest an uneasy feeling knowing one or two might be next.

Also consider that 180 days could bring a bunch of replacement new hires on property to replace them. Cheaper payroll. Cheaper expenses. Watching this unfold while parked on the sidelines by the Mediator might unnerve quite a few more pilots.

I'm not being a defeatist, nor am I voting yes. But I am telling you matter of factly, do not under estimate how ugly this thing could get. This is a big stakes situation for them. Three years to get this kind of a TA should give you a clue.

Yeah after I posted I realized that you weren't talking about the possibility of ALL the gateways being closed.

Still, it would be an all-out declaration of war that would hurt the company big-time. I agree it would not be a status-quo issue, BUT it would be a clear indicator that the company is not dealing in good-faith.

It would hurt the companies position in mediation. I would hurt them with massive withdrawal of enthusiasm (to put it mildly) by the pilots.

Closing five gateways wouldn't give me an uneasy feeling. It would make me mad as hell!

I guess I am arguing the point because I would hate to see someone be frightened into voting yes because they are scared of what the company might do if they vote no. Especially when I believe, in this case, that the fear would be unfounded.

One other point to consider. Look at the demographics of our pilots who currently reside around 100 miles from CMH, DAL, EWR(TEB), LAX and MCO. That's about 600 pilots, or one-third of us. Now spread that out to 200-250 miles and close those particular Gateways. Look at BDL, BOS, DTW, JAX, MDW, PBI, PIT and SAN. That adds about another 400 pilots. Now the total is about 1100 pilots that can drive to an RCA, under the present TA, at no expense to the Company.

Do you really believe the Company isn't fully aware of their options?

Latest resources

Back