Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Couple a good sized rocks next to this field.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that's crazy!! I wonder how bad it is when the wind kicks up? And where is the FBO girl......

What a beautiful place.

Pilotpat, if you look closely at the shot of Innsbruk, you'll see the big space next to the rocks...that's where you fly. The size of the rocks doesn't really matter, so long as you're not flying into the rocks. I guess that would be another "difficult airport," wouldn't it.

Said it before...difficult pilots, not difficult airports.

Fly into the light, pilotpat. Fly into the light...

avbug said:
What a beautiful place.

Pilotpat, if you look closely at the shot of Innsbruk, you'll see the big space next to the rocks...that's where you fly. The size of the rocks doesn't really matter, so long as you're not flying into the rocks. I guess that would be another "difficult airport," wouldn't it.

Said it before...difficult pilots, not difficult airports.

Fly into the light, pilotpat. Fly into the light...

Again...Pompous @ss Moment.

While some here may view things with a varying amount of perspective, I'd say under windy conditions and IFR this, along with many other airports can be difficult. I guess it all depends on what difficult means to you.

Does it mean something you might approach with a higher level of respect/concern...or for others, does it require everything they have?

For instance...Mile-Hi and others in Idaho may just be places that require simply more attention than you might pay when landing your supercub on a 5000ft wide grass runway in Florida. More planning and preciseness.
For others that know their limitations, it may require everything they have as far as skill, nerve and reaction to the unexpected.
This perspective often changes with experience.

You know, Avbug is never really impressed with anything or anyone on the 10 or so boards that he somehow finds time to frequent. So many great aviators have showed us how they accomplished great things in the face of what they thought to be difficult.
When Don Sheldon landed on the side of Mt Mckinley sitting at 11,000+ft, for the first time, he said many aspects of it were extremely difficult, so difficult that the Rescue pilot/Alaskan Bush Flying Legend's hands & Feet were trembling as he lined up on final. He then proceeded to land on the same site several more times. So many, that it was to the point where he could almost do it with ease.
If he were alive today I doubt he would spend his time dishing out criticism towards pilots of varying experience that he doesn't even know, let alone act like there is nothing in the world that impresses him.
THATS an EXPERIENCED, SECURE Pilot.

T-Hawk

V1, rotate, V2.........positive rate, gear up..........WOOP WOOP, TERRAIN, PULL UP!

Latest resources

Back