Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KigAir said:
Does it perform with one engine out?

Since it only has two seats, with both seats filled, full gas (740 lbs) on a ISA +15, it'll climb up to about 4,000 ft with the operative engine at 25 squared. The USAF saw fit to install accumulators so un-feathering is a non event too.

Just got my multi add on yesterday. I have learned that a light twin is really just a single engine airplane with its powerplant divided between both sides. I was really surprised to learn about the 80% power reduction and the 95% (if that) climb performance reduction. Cessnas rule.

Speaking of twins, I flew a CE-401 today and FSS didnt have a 401 in the computer when I tried to file (It's like a 402 with round windows). I recently learned there is a lesser known cousin to the 421 as well- the 411, it has de-rated 520's that put out something less than the 421's 375 a side. Why would anyone want that?

Gutenberg said:
Speaking of twins, I flew a CE-401 today and FSS didnt have a 401 in the computer when I tried to file (It's like a 402 with round windows). I recently learned there is a lesser known cousin to the 421 as well- the 411, it has de-rated 520's that put out something less than the 421's 375 a side. Why would anyone want that?
I've got over 1,000hours in 411s. They are essentially a 401 with geared engines or a non-pressurized A model 421. The engines were 340 hp Continental GTSIO-520s. Why would anyone want one? At the time, the 401s and 402s were powered by 285 hp engines. An extra 110 hp is a lot on an airframe like that. Ours (we operated 3 of them) were very reliable.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back