Costco/Kirkland roller bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hootie9750

Okay so my POS bag needs to be replaced and the Costco bag looks like it can fit the bill, but I keep hearing about how it is "guaranteed for life" and if it breaks you can take it back. I looked the bag up and down today and I cannot find a guarantee or a warranty of any kind listed anywhere on the product. Does everybody know something i dont? What gives?

Anything you buy at Costco can be returned at any time (except certain electronics). I actually returned a 3 year old printer that we started having problems with. I was asking the manager about getting it fixed and he said to just return it, no problem. Makes it alot easier if you keep the receipt.

I thought about buying that bag from Costco a couple days ago but the handle felt weak and wobbly...didn't seem like it would last very long. I tried out several of them and they were all like that.

I bought a costco back in February. My favorite part about it is the large pocket in the front that that my laptop fits in perfectly. I don't need a separate bag and getting through security is a snap.

The biggest downside is the wheels eventually bowed out; however, my Scott fight bag was full with 5 two inch binders+ and it didn't get real bad until I had to haul a queen sized aero bed and the flight bag across O'hare. I took the bag back to costco sans receipt and they refunded (in cash) the full purchase price. You have nothing to loose by trying one out; if you don't like the bag return it and buy a differnt bag.

Check out Briggs & Riley. I have a luggage works but it is really heavy and also only has a 5 year warranty. For about the same price you can get a bag that weighs about half as much, is easy to pull and has a lifetime warranty. I just sent mine back after 7 years to have a few things fixed (zipper was broken and wheels starting to go) Cost me $15 shipping and that was it. No questons asked.

http://www.briggs-riley.com/travel/carryonwheeleduprights/320_20quotcarryonsuperlightupright.asp#

Latest resources

Back