• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Costco/Kirkland roller bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on my third Kirkland bag, and I have never had a problem with returning them, even without the receipt. I also worried about the handle, but I have never had one break. They changed the wheels on the last one I got and they are much better than the previous model and are going strong. That being said, I do my own maintenance on them to keep them rolling nicely (WD40). I believe they are well worth the money!

Compare the Costco bag in stores now to the one from, say, 2003. It looks similar, but it is a more cheaply made bag (slight improvements to the wheels notwithstanding). That said, it is truly a lifetime bag. If it breaks in any way, take it in and get a refund. Then go get a new bag off the shelf. No receipt required---it says "Kirkland" all over it.

A few things of note---I have never had a problem with the sliding stock on a Costco bag, as opposed my crappy old Travelpro which always jammed up. It is a bit loose, but that is a good thing. Also, if you "overstuff" the bag using the zip out expansion, it is likely your flight bag will start to slide off to one side rather than sitting squarely on the top of the bag, so you have to watch that.

You can not go wrong with the costco bag, I am on my 2ed one in 6 years of commuting. The wheels gave out on the origonal after 4 years whole bag was well worn and I took it back with recipt (I just left it in the pouch on the front) No questions handed me a new and better bag beefier wheels than the old 2000 version.
But for 99$ you cant beat a life time bag.
it is very light wt and has all sorts of pockets and compartments.

No Hook for the flight case is the only drawback but I jimmy rigged my own.

Last edited:
Costco bag is awesome. If anything breaks just get a new one. No questions.As far as not being a member anymore, what they do is give your cash back on the original product. You have to be a member to get a new one. Its pretty fair.

I bought a costco back in February. My favorite part about it is the large pocket in the front that that my laptop fits in perfectly. I don't need a separate bag and getting through security is a snap.

The biggest downside is the wheels eventually bowed out; however, my Scott fight bag was full with 5 two inch binders+ and it didn't get real bad until I had to haul a queen sized aero bed and the flight bag across O'hare. I took the bag back to costco sans receipt and they refunded (in cash) the full purchase price. You have nothing to loose by trying one out; if you don't like the bag return it and buy a differnt bag.

Can you recommend an "aero bed" for me to carry with me on my trips? Does Cosco have a good one?

I had one for 2 years. It worked fine and fit in the over head of the crj. After two years the bearings started making a bunch of noise so I exchanged it for a new one which my wife uses to this day.

My only problem with it was it's capacity. I replaced it with the larger PNS bag which holds everything I could want to take on a trip.

Latest resources

Back