• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Costa Rica Hotels

ILOVEBEER

Total Time
I'm looking at the OCCIDENTAL GRAND PAPAGAYO and the HILTON PAPAGAYO RESORT. Has anyone stayed at either of these? Thoughts?

Thanks

cyork25

Total Time
the hilton papagayo is nice, it used to be all inclusive, but i think that has changed or is about to change. I know it has gone through some serious renovations recently and is supposed to be really nice.

flyinnfishn

Total Time
I have stayed at the Grand Papagayo before. It is a nice little resort and a great place to get away for a honeymoon etc. ,but I don't stay there anymore. It is in a pretty remote area, and you will get bored with it pretty quickly if you don't have a car to do some exploring. The resort's beach is located on a protected bay, so there is no wave action there and it is usually deserted. Right now is the low season in CR and you should be able to get dirt cheap hotel rates. I usually avoid the all inclusives because I am gone all day fishing and exploring and usually miss out on many of the meals. PM me for more info.