• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost to fly on Netjets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I know about netjets they cater mostly to Millionaires or high level corporate employees or the rich and famous.

There's definitely a lot of that riding on us -- wish I could afford our product!

More often than not, I see it being used as a business tool. There are a lot of companies who use it to save time for their executives or, in many cases, lower-level employees traveling on business.

On a recent trip I flew, it wasn't high-level employees I carried, but rather a team of corporate auditors going to a number of different locations to check on their offices in various small towns. There were six of them (just about a full airplane), going from location to location. They'd pull up in a rental car at one FBO, hop in our plane, we'd fly an hour or so, and they'd get into another rental car and go to their location. They were quick visits, so we'd wait for them, and in a couple of hours, they'd be back, and we'd continue on to the next city.

As I said in my earlier message, these employees were able to hit three cities a day, allowing them to complete their mission in two days and get back to their home office, instead of spending a whole week traveling in and out of airline hubs. Having them back in the office much sooner was a big savings to the company! The value of an employee or executive's time can't be understated.

Just to pick an example, one of the city pairs was Toledo, Ohio, to Lacrosse, Wisconsin. To get there before 5pm, the only possible flight leaves at 6am, connects in O'Hare, and arrives at 9:25am. Add a conservative hour and a half for security, baggage claim, and rental car, and that's about 6 hours until you're on your way to the office. And at $3120+tax for six tickets, we weren't a whole lot more expensive, especially when you add in hotel rooms.

At that point, after their meeting, there isn't enough time to hit a second town before close of business if they're traveling on the airlines.

That's where the real value comes: time savings. Not only are they not wasting time in security lines and airline hubs, they can actually get collaborative work done on the plane. And they can do it confidentially. (On that note, I got to enjoy reading the laptop screen of the Microsoft employee ahead of and across the aisle from me a little while ago on an Alaska flight to Seattle. Each page of the Powerpoint presentation said "Company Confidential," but apparently it didn't occur to him there were people watching. Looks like they're going to try to take on the iPhone, according to the confidential document. Whoops...)

There's definitely a lot of that riding on us -- wish I could afford our product!..............................Looks like they're going to try to take on the iPhone, according to the confidential document. Whoops...)

Or they could get one office done and sit in an RJ for 15 hours.

CA1900 you forget the big cost of exec travel. Some of these gys are billed out at over 1,000$ an hour! Now do the math.

Especially in the lo$$ dept. lolololol

Jonjuan,

As a NJA'er near the bottom of the list even I thought that was funny. Don't worry, not all of us are flaming A holes like some here and most of us still have a sense of humor!

Fly safe.

Not fired, I work for Flight options.
But I forgot you are the best, you also lost half a billion $ the last 6 months and your awe-some CEO just got booted.
Also wait for the coming furlough, I will bet 500 of you guys will be gone soon! I do not wish that to anyone but this is coming.

500 pilots huh? Where did you come up with that number? So you're saying that we are overstaffed by 1100 pilots or 38%, when flying was down (at the worst) 26%.

Your probably asking yourself...1100? I said 500! Well, you forgot we just had a furlough mitigation effort that reduced labor by the equivalent of 600 pilots.

Furloughing 500 pilots would cause a massive labor shortage.

BTW...operationally we didn't loose anywhere near $0.5B. Where the he|| did you come up with $0.5B? We had a $345M loss, 73% of which was aircraft value rightdowns. Trying reading a 10-Q, look at cash flow, income, and balance, then come back here and apologize for making such an ignorant statement.

I fly corporate, and one of my passengers that also uses NJ (Marquis Card) said by the time it is all said and done he spends about $6000 an hour. Not sure what aircraft he purchased time for, but he usually flys on a Hawker.

To the NJ haters: you are pathetic. Never have i seen people so obsessed with a company they don't even work for. I worked for a number of years on the ramp (Signature PDK) at one of the busiest airports for fractional traffic. I dealt with crews from NJ CS FO FJ Avantair and other fractionals on a daily basis. The level of professionalism by the NJ crews is on another level--none of the others even come close. It was obvious that NJ takes care of their employees much better and has a much better logistical infrastructure than all the others combined. When it comes to fractionals NJ is king. None of the others even come close. Accept it and stop hatin'.

Flexjet has their rates published on their website, just in case anyone is interested. I'm not sure if NJ is higher or lower

I fly corporate, and one of my passengers that also uses NJ (Marquis Card) said by the time it is all said and done he spends about $6000 an hour. Not sure what aircraft he purchased time for, but he usually flys on a Hawker.

To the NJ haters: you are pathetic. Never have i seen people so obsessed with a company they don't even work for. I worked for a number of years on the ramp (Signature PDK) at one of the busiest airports for fractional traffic. I dealt with crews from NJ CS FO FJ Avantair and other fractionals on a daily basis. The level of professionalism by the NJ crews is on another level--none of the others even come close. It was obvious that NJ takes care of their employees much better and has a much better logistical infrastructure than all the others combined. When it comes to fractionals NJ is king. None of the others even come close. Accept it and stop hatin'.

Josh, we have haters because we have a few that frequent these boards that do nothing but run their big mouths. It is a public board and they are entitled to do as they please. Not a good choice to make friends, but they apparently do not care.

As far as professionals, I have not witnessed another crew at any of the other frac's or part 91 operations, that are any more or any less professional than we try to be. Its the same job, different companies. If you are not competent, courteous, etc... you will not make it. We have our 10% just like everybody else. NJA is lucky to on top for now, but that can change at any moment.

Cheers.

JJosh, nice support! Hyflyin, classy post!

Latest resources

Back