• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost of Auto Gas in your city?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I paid $2.31 a gallon in PHX yesterday. Took almost $45 to fill up my tank. Thank goodness I do not drive much, because I would have to give up safety to save money.

I just want to know why they are jacking up the prices. Is there something I am missing?

Kathy

$2.18 around CMI....it came down a few cents this week....prolly will go up next week.

Remember to get locking gas caps! When we had our pipeline break here in Arizona, people were stealing gas. I am heading to Checker Auto Parts tomorrow to get one!!

Kathy

LAS running between $2.39 and $2.69/gal for regular.

Remember to get locking gas caps! When we had our pipeline break here in Arizona, people were stealing gas. I am heading to Checker Auto Parts tomorrow to get one!!

I remember when the pipeline first broke, cars were lined up for miles and the only gas avail was the 91 octane, which I managed to get at $2.19 a gallon before it went up to almost $3.

Anyhow, I put $51 in my truck at $2.39 in PHX the other day. Just got back home to MSP and it is $2.19 at the SA over by the airport.

Hi Kathy!

The reason the price is going up is simple: China.

China's economy is strongly improving, giving every increasing numbers of Chinese enough money to buy their first car. Between the new cars and the overall growth of economic activity in China, they are rapidly becoming the #2 user of energy products worldwide. Just a few years ago, they were just a blip on the radar screen.

Good news for us! India is only 10 years behind, so in about 10 years the prices for oil should start accelerating at an ever-increasing rate then.

What can slow the long-term rise in oil/gasoline prices. Only a switch away from oil as a transportation fuel.

Cliff
YIP

PS-Toyota is coming out with a large SUV hybrid (Highlander Hybrid) in about 5 months. It has more torque, more horsepower, and a lot better mileage than it's standard engine sibling.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back