Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
In keeping with an earlier thread about Mesa moving east and SKYW bulking up in the West, we just got a surprise announcement the Colorado Springs will open in September with 43 RJ crews...

Last edited:
Amazing!

If true, I find it curious that Skywest has more bases than I have fingers to count them on. Meanwhile, Comair has ONE and goes through all sorts of mental gymnastics and hand wringing at the thought of opening a second! What is the deal?

Can't remember if it was brought up before, but is the ORD base for sure opening? I heard June as the start date for the base. Just wondering if anyone can confirm it.

I would assume that SkyWest would pick up the DEN, LAX, and ORD UAL Express routes out of COS and that would give them 5 hubs they could feed with crews from this base. Does Express do SFO or is that Mainline from COS? (after checking the schedule, it would appear no one does SFO-COS)

Last edited:
ORD opens June 1st with 20 crews.

Ack! Where'd that happen?? I can't find it on the employee website.

Do me a favor, Rogue, and point me to where you found that in a PM.

Thx.

Re: Amazing!

Richard said:
If true, I find it curious that Skywest has more bases than I have fingers to count them on. Meanwhile, Comair has ONE and goes through all sorts of mental gymnastics and hand wringing at the thought of opening a second! What is the deal?

couldn't agree more with that statement. then, when we do here discussions about a new base, it is in such lovely places as JFK or BOS...yuk!

Wow, only one domocile. Bidding must be a protracted deal unless your number one or at the bottom. How many crews in Cincy?

Russ,

All 1800+ pilots are domiciled here at CVG. It is a scheduling nightmare, especially considering the ancient scheduling software currently in use. The software is so aweful that many lines are simply "hand built"! Life will get markedly better when a new preferential bidding program is introduced at the end of this year.

Don't know what is better in the end? - a dozen bases or just one! Comair has always been blessed with savy management and they are reluctant in the current unstable environment to open to a new base. In any case I wouldn't expect a second base for Comair this year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back