Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
A quick question for all yall with good spots in the corporate flying world.

I've been flying a citation doing contract work with a company for the past few months and recently I'd been approached about a full time position. I wouldn't technically be a full time employee of the company that owns the airplane, i would be a full time employee of the company responsible for finding contract pilots for this other place. Sort of a permanent contract type thing. I would be recieving a salary but no formal training in the aircraft and no real chance for advancement. The airplane flys approx 400 hours a year.

I'm still relatively low time, around 1500, and I've been contemplating turning down the offer and seeking a position at either a cargo company etc.. that would get me more time and quite a bit more multi PIC.

The advantages of the job would be more time off, but no hard days.
A higher salary, and the jobs in my home town(not that I have to stay here).

With my real goals being either the Fracs for a few years then a full time good corp gig, Am I an idiot for thinking of turning down the position ? Are there any benifits/disadvantages that I'm not seeing. Though this is a good job the 24/7 schedule does concern me as well as the inability to upgrade...ever.

Photoflight said:
Though this is a good job the 24/7 schedule does concern me as well as the inability to upgrade...ever.
What's good about it? Sounds more like a really bad PT135 gig. I would go wherever you can build some good experience. Flying right seat in a Citation with no type rating is pointless after 100hrs or so. Personally, I think flying freight always looks good on a resume. Certainly better than 1,000hrs SIC in a Citation.

Good Luck!

Flying a Citation without a type rating in it is a waste of time, in my opinion. Go get a job where you will get some quality experience and that has full time pay and bennies.

Unless of course they are paying you north of $500 a day.

Latest resources

Back