Corporate Overseas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captainzero1

I am interested in doing corporate overseas, where do I start and what should I watch out for. I have over 3000 hours and 3 types on Cessna products.

overseas

Try Pprune in the Middle eastern, Southeast asia threads, put that same question out there and there will be a breath of fresh air somewhere(hopefully), who can get you a lead which will lead to other leads, etc. Three type ratings will help although your total time is not overly high. Try Wallen Aviation in the Middle East,(Riyadh), they are the MIddle eastern,(KSA) Cessna dealer. I just passed on a job there on a Citation 680 start up under their wing. Pay was two low for me, but housing, transport is included, plus no tax.
:beer:
Keep trying

Try (Royal Dutch) Shell ..... HQ is in the Netherlands. It's A Dutch company. They have some G5's and Falcons based in Rotterdam (45 mins from Amsterdam) and London........

QOL is well.... outstanding. Goodluck.

Or maybe go work for Heineken!!! man wouldn't that be a sweet gig. Then again, I think more and more flight dept. are starting to use Netjets Europe... So, maybe apply to NJE (get ur JAA tickets first, have fun with that one..... wanna buy my book?)

starting pay at NJE is E45.500 . Pay taxes wherever you want, and live in Europe wherever you want (providing you live withing driving range from a major airport ie: Amsterdam/London/Paris/Frankfurt/Oslo/Venice/Madrid etc etc)

Again, goodluck!
FD

Last edited:
Had a guy call me up about ce560 ulta and XLS for work in India Dehli I think around 100k to start. If ur interested PM me.

One of the trade pubs had an article and ex-pats working abroad. Quite a lucrative deal for those with little connections or commitments to the home land. Some were 30/30 (On/Off), some had admirable vacation plans. Almost all had phenominal salaries. I don't recall the exact figure, but I believe you're first US$70K is tax free abroad. Many pay per diem, enough so to cover living expenses. The article mentioned some send their entire pay checks back to the U.S. and live off per diem. A lot of jobs even provide apartments and transportation to/from the airport.

Most jobs are contracted for two years. Some require you to pay for your initial type, some don't.

About 15 years ago I was offered a G3 position in Denmark. I had three phone interviews in one day. I get a call early the next morning (it was a Thursday) that went something like this:

E(mployer) - "We like to offer you the position on the G3, are you interested?"

M(e) - "Absolutely!"

E - "Fantastic! Can you be here and ready to start Monday?"

M - "Well, thats pushing it. Can I call you back this afternoon and let you know if I can wrap everthing up here in two days?"

E - "Sure, we'll fax you the contract right now. When you've filled it out, fax it back with a photocopy of your check."

M - "Check? :erm::erm: "

E - "Yes, did I forget to mention you pay for your own type rating?"

M - "NO!"

E - "Don't worry, everyone manages it."

M - "How much?"

E - "$18,900."

M - "Sorry to waste your time...:angryfire "

Now, that was a long time ago and from what I've heard and read, it's much more professional now and everything is on the table before an offer is made.

Do your homework. Find out what it's like to live in a particular place. Remember, a lot of middle east and muslim countries don't allow alcohol. Yes, there are ways around it if you like a beer every now and then. Just make sure you've read the fine print in your contract! I knew a Riyad based British crew flying for the royal family. They lived in what amounted to a secured campus, much like a condo. They secretly made their own "hooch" and enjoyed a great lifestyle. However, they weren't allowed to bring their wives - significant others with them so that can be a strain to some.

Good luck in your search!

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back