Corporate Help Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilots-wife

Does anyone know of any corporate positions? My husband is currently flying for a 121 operation and really would like to get into corporate. Of course with a family, dependability of the company and pay are factors. He has over 6000 hours TT. We are willing to move anywhere in the U.S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just about all corporate places that are worth anything are word of mouth and dont need a website to advertise, this has been my experience anyways. Your husband should be EXTREMELY picky when chosing as many corporate companies cut corners and are less secure then that airlines (amazing as that sounds).

I changed from 121 to corporate at deeply regret it. There are some good quality outfits out there, but they are very tough to come by. They are VERY few and far in between. BEWARE!

Pilot's wife, I wish the best of luck to both you and your husband and your family. It is not impossible for one person to switch jobs. The competition right now is heavy due to the unstability in the aviation world.

I really was in your place at one time with different circumstances. I love when people come on board and ask for help. Why? Because we have some great supportive and friendly users over here. Have your spouse join Career Builder as a start. Have him put a customized resume on there. Career Builder will automatically send you updates on various corporate positions.

Check out corporatepilot.com now and then for listings. It may take up to 12 months to land a corporate job. Before, a job is posted on a Fortune 500 website, take the time out, say once a day and do an on-line profile for the job or job matching you might be interested in. You will automatically get a listing when it comes out. For example, I filled out an on-line profile with Boeing as a corporate flight attendant, then when a posting becomes available it is sent to my email address and I can apply with an existing resume.

Don't get frustrated in my situation, with both, my future spouse and I, we both landed good corporate jobs, with persistance. I think this website may contain a list of addresses to send a resume, it is not really an employment sight, but go to www.welschaviation.com it may just have some general addresses of where to send resumes too.

Have your spouse maybe attend an NBAA conference and get on a mailing list, this will help provide him with some valuable marketing and networking opportunies. Don't give up, it takes time! Good luck to both of you!

Last edited:
I hate to repost but I went from a somewhat (crappy) I hate to use that term 121s company in which I never ever dreamed I would have a better opportunity to a company with a Global Express and other planes. I spent 12 months exactly sending out resumes via, both email, computer and fax. I networked my butt off. Just follow as many avenues as you can, What are his hours exactly, if you wish to pm, my email here. I may know of something coming up in the future, that could get his feet wet! Let me know. and good luck.

MissKittyKat said:
I think this website may contain a list of addresses to send a resume, it is not really an employment sight, but go to www.welschaviation.com it may just have some general addresses of where to send resumes too./quote]

All good advice and Welsch Aviation is a corporate aircraft broker, a good one at that, been in business since 1949 and a nice reference list and... I digress!!

Last edited:
Don't forget this too! For pilot's wife, if your hubby cannot find work with a Fortune 500 company. There are part 91 flying jobs. These jobs are hard to find, but if you see like a home builder on the stock market or just individuals with a business, most of them have a jet. If he doesn't mind a small jet, Citation, Lear, KingAir (nice planes), Hawker, or other smaller jets, he might want to get on the computer and start networking, these are not Fortune 500 companies, but more personalized flying.

There is no set schedule in a Part 91 job, if your savvy enough you can negociate a fairly decent pay wage. You are on call 24/7! You manage the jet for the owner, ( a plus in my book), flying schedule is without notice may be 250 to 300 hours per year. You feel the owner out, and you end up knowing what he needs. My finacee flew an owner around for a year and a half, a total white knuckle flyer, ( he was scared of weather).

I used to bake for this jet, and clean, but this owner had a sharp tongue, some of those things you must overlook or walk away!

121/corp

52560 said"I changed from 121 to corporate at deeply regret it. There are some good quality outfits out there, but they are very tough to come by. They are VERY few and far in between. BEWARE!

I agree there are some quality outfits, in fact many, but openings at them are few and far between, in that they are quality operators. What is harder to find is a Quality 121 operator, that will be around in a few years. Not trying to p/o 52560, just my 2 cents

pilots-wife said:
Does anyone know of any corporate positions? My husband is currently flying for a 121 operation and really would like to get into corporate. Of course with a family, dependability of the company and pay are factors. He has over 6000 hours TT. We are willing to move anywhere in the U.S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lollie ... is that you

Latest resources

Back