• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL350

WAR EAGLE!!!!
Hi all,

I currently have about 1200 TT and 500 ME with about 450 in a C 550/500. I am flying for a charter outfit making very little $$. I would really like to get into a corporate job but have had little luck.

Is anybody going to consider me with times as low as mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hate to say it, but probally not. You may get lucky and find another Citation operator out there that needs an SIC, but other than that, I wouldn't expect much. That doesn't mean don't keep trying.

Just keep on building as much Total Flight Time as you can for now. Maybe instruct in addition to the Citation flying. You need to fatten up the Total Time column. Your ME time looks like its on the right track, but without the total time you're a little stuck.

Good Luck,
Jetpilot500

I have to agree with JetPilot500.... It is pretty unlikely that any good Corporate operator will consider you with times that low.... On the other hand having 450 hours of Citation time is a big plus...

I would keep flying the Citation as much as possible and try to do some other flying on the side (preferably twin time) but really anything to get your total time up to a better number... I would say a realistic number would be around 2500 TT with as much twin and Citation time as possible.

Most of the larger Corporate operators won't consider someone with less than about 2500-3000 hours (my company won't consider anyone with less than about 4,000 TT) Corporate Operators typically don't want to be a training organization, so they tend to find people with high time who can get the job done with very little supervision or guidance.... Plus having high time pilots keeps the insurance costs down....

Don't give up.... I didn't even get to fly a turbine airplane until I had 2450 TT and 850 Multi.... Just stick with it, get as much time as you can and keep applying to the places you want to work.... eventually something will come up...

Good Luck and fly safe!

I'll be the lone source of inspiration...

The above posts are accurate, but leave little hope. I was hired at 1200 tt / 700 me. I work for a VERY NICE Fortune 500 flight dept. and have no intentions of leaving until they kick me out.

You have one really good thing going for you, turbine time...
Find a good operator that's close to home flying the Citation and bug the hell out of 'em. It's called persistance and it DOES pay off. Corporate operators place a high value on someone from the local area because it reduces the likelyhood you'll bolt. Chief Pilots look at the quality of flight time along with the total. Bottom line, figure out where you want to be and make yourself as qualified as possible when the opportunity arises. Market yourself well, it will eventually pay off. Good operators hire good personalities, not thick logbooks. It been my experience that reviewing a persective candidate's logbook is the worst measure to hire by. Keep pluggin away and your eye on the ball.

Good luck!

By the way... Don't believe the insurance minimum nonsense. Sure higher times keep the premiums lower, but it's really a non-issue.

Bottom line, we can EASILY insure anyone who successfully completes FlightSafety initial with over 1000 hrs/ 250 multi.

I'll piggyback w/ FL350 if he doesn't mind.

How's 2000TT / 1200 turbine/ 1100 multi with alot of it in a 70K lb. fighter stack up? Granted TT is on the low side for many jobs posted, but are considerations given for quality time in demanding environments? Corporate missions are vastly different, but at end of the day, both drivers still have to get the job done in dynamic situations. I would think the training/babysitting issue would be a non-factor.

Thanks,
JP4

P.S. You guys do a good job on these threads!

Thanks everyone for your insight. As any pilot knows bad news can be just as helpful as good news. I am going to keep plugging away. I really want a corporate job where I can stay put for a while. Thanks again for your insight.

No, why? Are they hiring? Do you have a web address?

Latest resources

Back