Corporate Flight Management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learthirty5

Was hoping someone had some information on Corporate Flight Management in Smyrna, Tn. Read some things in previous threads, but wanted to know how the company is doing these days. Are they hiring, how much flying do they do, and does anyone have any actual experience with them? Thanks for the help.

They're doing pretty well and have grown their jet fleet quite a bit over the past year or so.

The last class was in February, but I havent heard about the next one.

IIRC they currently operate 7-8 Jetstreams, 3 LR35s, 1 LR45, 1 LR60 a couple of Citations, and a King Air, though I think a couple of those are managed aircraft which they do not hire into.

For a 135 company they are a pretty decent outfit, though pay could stand to be a bit better.

They are now doing some J41 work for BAES and the longer term plan is to add some J41s to the certificate.

Are these guys still around? What is going on with then now?

They're still around. But I have no idea what's going on with them, just that I see their crews when I'm in Smyrna. I have a buddy that used to work for them, he enjoyed working for them and landed a sweet 91 gig by working for them.

They're doing pretty well and have grown their jet fleet quite a bit over the past year or so.

The last class was in February, but I havent heard about the next one.

IIRC they currently operate 7-8 Jetstreams, 3 LR35s, 1 LR45, 1 LR60 a couple of Citations, and a King Air, though I think a couple of those are managed aircraft which they do not hire into.

For a 135 company they are a pretty decent outfit, though pay could stand to be a bit better.

They are now doing some J41 work for BAES and the longer term plan is to add some J41s to the certificate.

That's pretty accurate info. The company is not your typical 135 piece of crap, they take care of their equipment. But they do pay sh****

For a part 135 company its not too bad. Aircraft are maintained. Company is small enough so that you know everyone. No waiting on hold for dispatch for 3 hours while listening to weather channel reject music playing in the background. You get to meet interesting people on your charters. They used to have a few shuttles in years past that the Jballs ran on. I still see good old Nellie 102 out of DCA sometimes, so I guess it is still running.

Does anyone know what happened to the Jball sims out in STL? Can't say I miss that bouncing box of terror. Good group of people.

Corporate is still around last I heard. Not sure how much flying the jetstreams are doing now with not too many corporate shuttles going on, but a good place to work as far as 135's go. Great training, great people, and a great place to build some time and get some great experience.

As for you Peter-

I brought one of those "bouncing boxes of terror" down to the boro'. Next time your in town we'll get together and paintball some geese and play with the pyrotechnic kitty living in the storm sewer. Ahh yeah... its tricky...tricky....tricky....tricky.

Latest resources

Back