Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superfly

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is a resource to determine which comapanies have a flight department in a given area of the country. I called JPI and they didn't return my call. I realize that corporate jobs are sometimes word of mouth so how can I get in the loop? Not looking for the immediate future just planning ahead for possible opening at more desirable companies.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Superfly:

Beg borrow or steal a copy of the NBAA directory of Member Companies, Aircraft and Personnel.

NBAA
1200 Eighteenth Street, N.W. Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20036-2506

202-783-9000

This directory will show you all the companies in your area that are members...most are. The directory will break down companies geographicaly, by aircraft and even by tail number. I get mine from a friend who is a dispatcher and he always saves me the outdated copy. It is the size of a phone book.

National Business Aviation Association, Inc.

Good luck.

After you've gone through the NBAA membership directory you may find out that some companies don't exist on the airfields they say they are at. That's because some corporate ( part 91) flight departments like to keep their privacy and go through great lengths to keep it that way. Also they may use different names for their business and flight departments further confusing you. For example, one major motion picture company has their fleet at BUR, but they call their flight department Shamrock Aviation. Most charter operators don't use this practice because they obviously want you to know where they are located. I'm not trying to dissuade you, just giving you a heads up in case you are trying to get into the part 91 side of aviation. Good Luck

Latest resources

Back