• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Corporate Contract Work

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Total Time
OK boys and girls. Ol' Flydaddy has found himself out of a job like so many other fellow aviators these days. Has anyone else on here gone the 'contract' route while looking for a full time gig? If so, where did you find most of your contract flying?

I'm typed in CE-500 and HS-125 and current in the Bravo and the V. I'm willing to travel worldwide for contract work but right now I can't even get the Indians to call or email back :( . I know it's tough out there but any tips would be much appreciated!!!

Flydaddy

Lance501

Total Time
It's very slim out there right now for any contract work. It would be very tough for some one to get into it cold turkey right now. The only people I know that have some small gigs are guys that have been flying on and of for during the last couple of years. I think you and I would both be shocked by how many pilots are on the street right now that are current in more than three types. Get your name out to anyone and try to stay active in your search. Sorry to be so negative.

Typed and current in C525, C500, C560XL and current in all......... My phone has only rang once........

Last edited:

heywatchthis

Total Time
6000+
He is right. It is TOUGH out there. If you find something, prepared to get low balled.

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Total Time
Great. I don't think I'm under any illusions about how bad it is out there. I'm just going to keep knocking on as many doors as I can find and not give up.

Has anyone used a particular website and/or contract placement service with any success?

big pimpn'

Total Time
11000+
He is right. It is TOUGH out there. If you find something, prepared to get low balled.

Your right, the phone has just stopped ringing. I’ve been supplementing my 121 income for the last 4 years doing contract work in the HS-125. It was like overnight, everything just disappeared? Good luck, I hope you find something!

JA-601

Total Time
500+1
Good Luck my Friend I am current in the G3, G4, G5, and CL601 and havent flown in a month !

blzr

Total Time
Your right, the phone has just stopped ringing. I’ve been supplementing my 121 income for the last 4 years doing contract work in the HS-125. It was like overnight, everything just disappeared? Good luck, I hope you find something!

I am suprised! the 121 company I worked for wouldn't even let me do any BFR's or flight instruction.

Things are very slow out there and everyone is flying less! Good luck to all of you!

Lance501

Total Time
Lr40/45

If any of you have a current LR type, somebody in ATL is looking for a pilot. Avcrew.com

Happy Hunting,