• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Aviation Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this no "hard days" off normal for a corporate job, or did I somehow misunderstand the interviewer?

Yes, which is one reason I will never do Corporate again. I had all the time off in the world until I actually needed it. I missed my daughter's dental appointment five times in a row I kid you not (yeah I know, bid vacation, blah blah blah...) because a trip always popped up just in time. It was weird.

I felt on edge the entire time as well not knowing until 5pm if I was going to have to work the next day or not (and knowing my pager could go off at any moment for a flight wasn't the most reassuring thing). It was not the most fun.

Some people like that lifestyle (probably most) but I didn't. Not when making less than if I'd stayed at my old job that *had* a schedule especially...

It was a good experience, I'm glad I did it, and the perspective it gave me will hopefully serve me well in the future. I wouldn't do it again, though.

Last edited:
Every company is different. There really is no norm when it comes to 91/135 flying. Some are great, while others are completely horrendous!!! I'm at my 3 non 121 flying gig, and everyone has been different in the scheduling aspect. One was 2 weeks on-1 off, other was 4 "soft" days and always seemed to work on them, and my current is 4 hard days and 4 soft (have to be notified by 5pm or it becomes a hard day). Its certainly not a bad schedule, but not the best either. I seem to average 14-16 days off/month. Just make sure you know how they schedule so no "surprises" come up. Good luck.

G200 ... nice new avatar ... BTW what kind of DORK keeps pictures of FL510! :) ;)

Hey dont call me a dork!

I spent quite a bit of time on my photo album, and I think my photoshop talents are obvious - look at my cool Gulfstream engines!

You are jealous because you only fly a little G100.

maybe someday....maybe...

:erm:

That is for sure every department is different. Here is the run down as to how we operate.

2 days a month off that are yours to schedule as you wish. The only thing they ask is that you not use them on a Friday or a Monday.

Every other weekend off.

If you are not scheduled to fly on a particular day then you are on Stand-by. If you have not received a call by noon, then you are off for the rest of the day.

We do three to four International trips a year and we know when about six months in advance. Each International trip is about 2 to 2.5 weeks long. You get about 5 days off before the trip, and 5 off when you get back.

No flights between Dec. 21st and Jan. 2nd. If you do VOLUNTEER to fly anytime between those dates you get two Comp. days for each day that you fly (basically 2 comp days for any flight on a holiday).

If you are not on the schedule to fly they do not want to see you. If they need you they will send an e-mail or call.

2 weeks vac/yr too.

Latest resources

Back