• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ikillbigfoot

Anyone worked for them in the 208's?

Does anyone have any info on them?

ANY info would be great besides their website corporateair.net

Thanks!

Any info on them concerning starting pay for the GFK position being advertised? I've read the old threads, and most are less than useful. The link posted above no longer seems to work.

I had a phone interview with the chief pilot about 3 years ago. The pay was somewhere around 34-35K as I remember. At the time he said that they were putting garmin gps in all the 208s. I was interviewing for a position in casper, and it was pretty typical of the fed ex feeders.

He seemed like a good guy and I know he has been there a long time if that tells you any thing about the company.
good luck-balou

Heard they may have a job opening or two. Any new info on them. Wondering what they may start for pay on the sd3 in HI.

Thanks

Heard they may have a job opening or two. Any new info on them. Wondering what they may start for pay on the sd3 in HI.

Thanks

Typical single engine (although turbine) freight operation. Every few months they will have an opening or two. You have the lifers and the ones that use it as a stepping stool. Showing up in the early AM to do a flight outta Grand Forks with -40 temps, not to mention wind chill, has gotta be a dream for everyone. Or maybe, fighting thunderstorms when you depart Dickinson ND on a 100+ day with no air conditioner sounds more appealing. I doubt that I could count on one hand the number of pilots that have left the Grand Forks base for other jobs, even though it is a very small base.

Fly High,

Do they hire for any other base than Grand Fork. Are other base fill with old timer who never leave?

They hire into whatever base they have openings for. I worked for them while furloughed. Late 2009 - mid 2010. Good company, easy schedule. Mostly short days with the occasional long one thrown in the mix. This is a Fed Ex feeder operation. The airplanes are well equipped and well maintained. No pressure to fly, safety is top priority. If the weather doesn't look like it's going to allow a safe flight, they put the freight in a truck and you go home.

Thanks Propilot,

On their website they just mention the state where they fly.
Any idea about the different cities where the C208 is base, and which base come open more often than not.

Sky-sign.

If I remember correctly, they have Caravans in Grand Frorks, Honolulu, Casper, and Salt Lake. They also fly Shorts in Honolulu. Their contracts change from time to time, so no guarantee this is still acurate. It seems like GFk is the major hiring base, but it is also their largest. The senior guys at GFK have been there 20+ years...

Latest resources

Back