• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corpex Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah our rest regs suck balls thats all there is too it. I was in a hotel once checking in after a 15 hour duty day and saw a Norfolk Southern train crew getting ready to go to work. Anyways chatted a bit and one of em said I looked beat. I was like well 15 hours of duty and 8 legs will do that to ya. They were like what the hell they can only be on duty 12 hours a day. Thats right 12 not 16...12. I was like what the f**k you guys don't even steer, you just do gas brake honk gas brake honk honk honk punch. .. So if a train crew that doesnt even steer can only work 12 hour duty days why can we still work 16?

The other thing that kills me about rest is the way the show times switch around. A 12 hour duty day probably wouldnt be horrible if it was the same 12 hours each day. At least now you can get on some kind of schedule. When I have a trip that has a show time of 0500 on day 1...then 1000 on day 2...then 0505 day 3 ....then 1800 day 4 I'm way more tired then if the shows would have all started within a few hours of each other.

I blame the ATA. They put on their expensive suits and woo the right people so that nothing changes. Meanwhile the FAA, disregarding NTSB recommendations for decades now, sits idly by.
Truckers even get 10 hours, why don't we?

I wonder if anything will come out of all this as to who's really pulling the strings, and to what degree, at these American Connection carriers?

Last edited:
jetexas has it right, the FED's are somewhat powerless because the ATA fights the FAA whenever they want to make rule changes. The AA crash in LIT is a great example of the ATA getting in the way of change because "limiting the crews duty time to less than 16 hours would cause undue financial hardship on behalf of the airlines."

Long haul truckers are limited to a 10 hour drive time. BTW, this "drive" time INCLUDES the time spent at the dock loading/unloading their truck. So if you spent 1 hour loading and unloading guess what...you only get to drive 9 more hours today. That 2 1/2 hour "break" you got in ORD .... well you get the picture.

How far until we get to the bottom, I'm tired to racing.

In our TLH Crash the NTSB mentioned fatigue at least 10 -15 times in the report. However in their final recommendations to the FAA fatigue was not even mentioned.

go figure!

SF3CA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back