• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CorpEx Crash Raises Old Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Peanut nice twist on it. I am just so mad at the let down as a whole- the lack of integrity -industry wide- when it comes to human life. My post was directed at those still not here yet, still in a position to find something else to do.

You are right- PIC PIC PIC. Now, whenever we get a mechanical, or whatever, time is precious. Our time (my crew and I) is utilized with rest as the number 1 priority since it's not given as part of the schedule anymore- for the most part.

As far as the crew fatigue issue goes, anyone who considers the van ride as "rest" is a moron. That has to be one of the rule changes in the next legislation...the definition of LEGITIMATE rest conditions.

And, don't you just love those "late release," "early report" short-cycle days where you get to the hotel after all the restaurants have closed, and you get started the next morning in the same manner...and you're LUCKY if the hotel has a muffin grab-n-go?

chperplt said:
I did my graduate thesis on crew fatigue.. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take a major crash before this issue is addressed at the higher levels. For the scare of your life, go to the online ASRS database and search fatigue.
What is ASRS?

Whats the link address?

thanks

The Aviation Safety Reporting System is a joint venture by NASA and the FAA to collect and analyze data to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents

asrs.arc.nasa.gov

Latest resources

Back