Copa Airlines information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigsky

Just wondering if anyone on this board has any information on Copa from Panama.
They look like they pay about a third of what I am currently making but being married to a Panamanian it may be convenient?

Just wondering if anyone on this board has any information on Copa from Panama.
They look like they pay about a third of what I am currently making but being married to a Panamanian it may be convenient?

Check PPRUNE--pay is around 94K a year.

I know of some ex ATA guys that were there. They never made that much.

Forgive me for saying but how on earth could it be convenient to earn what a regional pilot makes in the US to fly a 737? You would like to live in Panama because of the cheaper cost of life, slower pace and so that your better half is closer to family and friends I can understand that, get a commuting job and move to Panama then, there are contract packages now worth 18 to 20 grand a month, that should give you a comfortable life style in Panama and for what I hear about the lines there at copa, you won't get more than 10 days off anyway and consider the tax savings by doing it that way.

http://www.pprune.org/caribbean-latin-america/407995-copa-2010-a-7.html

Last edited:
Some times It would be nice not to commute all over the world, but like you pointed out the pay is way too low. Besides after living for 6 months in Panama it is not exactly cheap anymore.

The conditions upon which you commute are very different, confirmed business class roundtrip (with upgrades to first more often than not once you gain Diamond status) is hardly a burden, first class on an International airline where service means something still and you do keep the miles (miles that I put to very good use on family vacations) Your status indicates that you are an MD-11 captain so if you are looking for a job at copa then is not at UPS, If you are going to be gone 3 weeks in a row and still having to basically bum a ride (lets face it, jumpseating is depressing) you might as well get paid well for it. Not really trying to get in your business, just giving you options. Good luck with your decision

Numbers are for Captain, FO in parenthesis.

-Base Salary $3,840($2088) per month paid 13 times per year.
-Per Diem 63 hours guaranteed: $1,082($710). Additional hours above 63 paid at a rate of $64($30). Average flight hours is 82/mo. Additional $660($480) per month paid upon completion of training.
-Annual productivity bonus equivalent to (minimum) two weeks pay. 2010 bonus was 8 weeks.
-Vacations: 30 days annual paid vacation.
-Temporary relocation aid of $800/month, paid quarterly, for a maximum of 2 years.

running those figures it is probably about 70,000, give or take.
It kind of looks like a fun job, interesting routes etc...
Thanks for the info.

Based on 82 hrs/month and ignoring the relocation aid I came up with about $48K for FO and $85K for Captain. I'm working on trying to find out about the days off, the Panamanian vs foreign pilot thing, and day to day life in Panama but for the time being those routes have me very interested. The latinas are not to be ignored either, but you already know that...

They've just started recruiting again.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back