• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your E-CFI and V-Rating Here

The Space Shuttle is only in my dreams. :)

One time here at FI there was a thread about how its members were all E-CFI's if we posted here. Then came a thread that said to post "virtual" ratings as V-ratings. That sounded like fun so I choose V-Space Shuttle. Some others have posted E-CFI ratings and V-ratings too. I guess there's just an element of light-hearted humor in this. :laugh:

UndauntedFlyer said:
The Space Shuttle is only in my dreams. :)

One time here at FI there was a thread about how its members were all E-CFI's if we posted here. Then came a thread that said to post "virtual" ratings as V-ratings. That sounded like fun so I choose V-Space Shuttle. Some others have posted E-CFI ratings and V-ratings too. I guess there's just an element of light-hearted humor in this. :laugh:

I am trying to work an angle right now to score some STS sim time. I have a few friends at NASA. I know one guy who is a three time Shuttle Astronaut. What I would give to fly that gimble!

JungleJett said:
What I would give to fly that gimble!

What ever it takes.

UndauntedFlyer said:
JungleJett: Since you are an experienced and knowledgeable pilot as well as an aerobatic pilot, I would like it if you would comment on the following question.

Of all the entire general population in America, what percentage, given all the money necessary, do you think could obtain their:

Private Pilot Certificate
Instrument Rating
Commercial Pilot Certificate
ATP
ATP with a jet type rating
Fly IAC Sportsman Category
Fly IAC Advanced Category
Fly IAC Unlimited Category

I ask this because some Members of this FI board seem to think that flying acro in a Pitts is just a matter of money. I totally disagree with that opinion. In my opinion flying a jet is nothing compared to flying IAC Unlimited category or flying a high energy airshow in a Pitts or an Extra with an Unrestricted Level I FAA airshow waiver.

Comments from others with aerobatic experience on this question are welcome and would be most appreciated too...

When did your son fly Unlimited?

Sonny Crockett said:
When did your son fly Unlimited?

My post does not say that he few Unlimited.

As you know, the S2C is really not competitive in Unlimited, but with that said, he did fly one or two IAC contests in that category, primarily to earn the appropriate achievement patch. Also, at that time he was mostly flying airshows to earn the Unrestricted airshow waiver which took him 3-years to accomplish.

By the way, congratulations on your representing the USA on the team. You certainly earned that honor.

Last edited:
UndauntedFlyer said:
My post does not say that he few Unlimited.

As you know, the S2C is really not competitive in Unlimited, but with that said, he did fly one or two IAC contests in that category, primarily to earn the appropriate achievement patch. Also, at that time he was mostly flying airshows to earn the Unrestricted airshow waiver which took him 3-years to accomplish.

By the way, congratulations on your representing the USA on the team. You certainly earned that honor.

Maybe I will crash your party in HNL. We LAX based folks like to crash the ORD bubba parties....see ya at the Seaside Inn.

Sonny Crockett said:
Maybe I will crash your party in HNL. We LAX based folks like to crash the ORD bubba parties....see ya at the Seaside Inn.

If I miss you the Seaside, be at Chucks at 5PM tomorrow. I'll be in line for an outside table when they open at 4:45. Other FI members are invited too, as previously mentioned.

UndauntedFlyer said:
To GrowASpine:

It will be a sad day when a father can not be proud of his children. Your comments in this regard are unkind as well as untrue about much of what you have mentioned.

While you accuse me of living my life vicariously through my son’s accomplishments, I think that my accomplishments both professionally and personally speak for themselves. If my greatest fault then, according to you, is that I am too proud of my children, then I would have to surrender to the failures in life who criticize that type of conduct from a father.

So in reality maybe it is you who must live and make posts like you do because of your own failures or lack of accomplishment. Maybe some of your prior posts tell a story about you. Have you read them?

Let’s take a moment to look at just three of your prior posts:

Quote by GrowASpine:

Quote by GrowASpine:

Quote by GrowASpine:

As I took a few minutes to review your prior posts at FlightInfo, I found that not one single post was a contribution of any value to this Board, and the few that you did make were disrespectful to women or others just as your post is about me. You are especially disrespectful of those who are successful and are trying to make a living in this difficult industry. I even found that you were in contradiction of other posts that you yourself had made on the same subject just so you could be hurtful to others again and again.

I will not provide any advice to you. But their are answers for you in what you yourself have written on this Board.

May your personal and professional life be more rewarding in the future.

And regarding the video that is the subject of this thread, it is not posted as a video of my son, but only as a "Cool video of my 18-year old student flying my Pitts." I do think, and so have others who have commented that it is all of that. And I do think that others have enjoyed the airshow, enough so the FlightInfo chose to make it a "Sticky" topic.

You asked for the comments! THEBEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back