• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

cool stuff from Boeing: new cockpit toys

bobbysamd

Total Time
Pretty slick. I've been out of the game for several years. I like the idea of airliners having HUDs.

EAP

Total Time
7000+
Old news at Alaska

That article basically describes the Alaska Airlines cockpit on the 737-400, and the 737-700/900. The curving approach is "RNP", a dual GPS and EGPWS database/reference approach. They've been doing this for years at airports where it counts! They were the first airline to put HUD's in the cockpit too, back in the mid 80's with the 727's. Later it went into the 737-400's and of course the 737NG's where it's standard on all of 'em, but interestingly it didn't get put into the MD-80's. And no, I don't work for AS... but I'm very familiar with 'em. ;)