Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of my faves:

Aggressor flight call-signs: "Pinko", "Commie", "MiG"

Old UPS call-sign: "Browntail" (I've heard rumors why that was changed...)

VFA-___ (Can't remember, but an East Coast A-7/F-18 unit) was "War Party"...changed to "Party"

All time best: My Marine squadron Ops O beat some UASF F-15 guys to the briefing room and changed their exercise call-sign from "Pointy" to "Pansy". I nearly peed my speed-slacks every time I heard "Pansy 11 is over the Farms" or some other call. Great fun!

The C-130 unit in BNA uses "Titan" or "Hickory."

Now and then the 134th ARW in TYS uses "Big Orange" or "Vols/Volflight"

dojetdriver said:
Who's call sign always start out with "Tango November.................."?

TNxxxxx indicates that it is an Air Taxi flight (read part 135) with out a call sign.
it is usually just the aircraft's N number.

Going into SHV we heard a B52 doing approaches into Barksdale AFB with the call sign "DOOM ##" Sounded pretty cool from our side.

Ahh ya beat me to it... "Doom" is cool. But I believe "Reach" is the best callsign. Esp. if you are taking them back home!

ISaidRightTurns said:
I always dig the military calls. Viper, Cobra, Killr. They just sound cool, especially with their cracking UHF radios and masks.

how do you hear the UHF stuff... in my airplane, I only get VHF, except for fire fighting work?

Clipper: Pan Am, and also briefly used by Redding Aero (if I remember correctly, they flew C402s)
[/quote]

HEY. Redding Aero is BOXER now. Since we fly boxes, its hard to beat that name....

Latest resources

Back