Convairs/DC-3s at Gainesville, TX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jbDC9

Does anyone know what's up with all the CV-240s and DC-3s parked on the east runways at GLE? I stopped in today on my motorcycle and saw a bunch of 'em parked out there but the lady at the FBO didn't really have any details. She mentioned a freight outfit that moved their operation in from Denton but that was about it. They were too far away for me to get a good look, didn't see any titles or paint schemes.

Just curious...

aka..."chicken run".

they still have an office at DTO last i heard. its also hard to get a pilot slot unless you are an A&P. pay is low, but who cares when youre flying chickens in and out of mexico in a DC-3 :D

wingnutt said:
aka..."chicken run".

they still have an office at DTO last i heard. its also hard to get a pilot slot unless you are an A&P. pay is low, but who cares when youre flying chickens in and out of mexico in a DC-3 :D

Maybe they get free chickens as a bonus pay package? Then there's the added bonus of the stench of a flying chicken coop...

the stench aint bad until you realize 5 chickens are missing, and you find them WEEKS later in various parts of the airframe...

Latest resources

Back