Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Controllers taking weather observations (Agree?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
122.75 and 122.85 to my knowledge are designated air to air....anything else you could be in a bind for using. I don't think the FAA uses either of those.

The pilots on here would know more about air to air but I know pilots chit chat on 123.45

Lrjt - lots of rumors of oceanic one day going privatized... it won;t happen unless they can charge user fees, if (when?) it does go I see Lockheed getting it. They designed the current system, provide support, and have former controllers working for them. I have heard nada about ArInc taking the ocean but you never know.

ATCER said:
The pilots on here would know more about air to air but I know pilots chit chat on 123.45

Lrjt - lots of rumors of oceanic one day going privatized... it won;t happen unless they can charge user fees, if (when?) it does go I see Lockheed getting it. They designed the current system, provide support, and have former controllers working for them. I have heard nada about ArInc taking the ocean but you never know.

I don't have my AIM on me... But I believe 123.45 is designated for air-to-air use (MULTICOM).

although pilots do use 123.45, i have no where right now to give a reference, but ive beaten this subject to death in the past and assure you 123.45 is not an air to air freq.

Latest resources

Back