• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Controller takes potty break

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, I heard it on Avweb.com. The controller slapped 2 Southwest Airlines planes with a 18 minute hold and kept a med flight carrying transplantable lungs ON THE GROUND. Maybe the control cabs should install P-tubes like they have on C-130's.

Yea, I heard it on Avweb.com. The controller slapped 2 Southwest Airlines planes with a 18 minute hold and kept a med flight carrying transplantable lungs ON THE GROUND. Maybe the control cabs should install P-tubes like they have on C-130's.
Not really anything the controller could do about it. He had to go, he made the necessary arrangements, and took a short break.

Now..maybe if the FAA staffed the tower with two certified controllers (not 1 certified and 1 trainee apparently) they wouldn't have problems like this.

After the Comair crash they mandated two controllers at all times, but I guess they didn't mandate two controllers capable of actually controlling traffic...

From the sound of it, I don't think he just had to pee. Maybe this thread belongs in the "Oops I pooped my pants" thread.

The C-130E and H1 doesn't have a "P-tube" in the cockpit. The 2 urinals are in the back, by the ramp. It is basically a squared off funnel that is mounted to the side of the aircraft and a tube that extends from the funnel to outside the airplane. Later models (H3 and J) have a flush toilet. Either way, you have to unstrap and walk all the way to the back of the airplane, which can be a pain if you are full of people or cargo.

The C-141 was much more convienient with the toilet being located in the front (right about under where the F/E sat).

I heard about the same thing happening a guy who was single pilot in a King Air with every (including the potty) seat full.

Controllers are human too.

It may only be a matter of time until it happens to all of us.

When you gotta go....you gotta go.

Latest resources

Back