Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Okay, so I'm working on a proposal for a contract customer. I don't have much experience outside of working for the same few people on contract trips which are both within an hour's drive from my house. I've been contacted, though, by someone that's about 3.5 hours drive from my home for an early A.M. departure day trip. There's no way I could drive it same day, I'd have to leave the house at 2 in the morning.

So the question is this(and I think I know the answer): How should I handle the travel day? Expense the hotel, mileage, and full daily rate for travel on my own time? Do some of you use a discounted rate for travel days?

Thanks!

This is really simple.

Bill for 2 days, milage and hotel room. No excuses, this is they way most professional contrators operate.

When ever I bring in a contractor from out of town, this is what I expect.

that's what I figured and all the provocation I need. Thanks!

Whether it be by car or by airline I always insert an extra day on either side to get in position before the trip and back after the trip.

This has worked out very well when the trip slides a couple of hours and you are allready in position. Also if you are flying in from europe the last thing I really want to do is then commute another couple of hours when i've spent 12hrs + in the seat.

Sometimes I end up driving home but I don't want to be locked into it.

I'd agree with the above. A day of work is a day of work. Doesn't matter if you're traveling to, traveling from, sitting at the hotel pool bar, or shooting an approach. It's all the same....your 'daily rate' plus expenses.

It's how I pay, and it's what I expect to be paid.

Latest resources

Back