Contract Pilot "headhunters"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeeVee

I am interested in doing some part-time Contract Pilot work in the Challenger 601 and/or 604.

What is the best way to "get your name" out there and actually get some calls? Do the online Websites work or is it better to use some type of a "headhunter" service?

Also, if I am fortunate enough to get a call, what type of rate should I ask for/expect. I have heard $800 a day for the 601 and $900 a day for the 604 (CONUS rates). Is this accurate?

Any and all info is appreciated.

BeeVee

I am interested in doing some part-time Contract Pilot work in the Challenger 601 and/or 604.

What is the best way to "get your name" out there and actually get some calls? Do the online Websites work or is it better to use some type of a "headhunter" service?

Also, if I am fortunate enough to get a call, what type of rate should I ask for/expect. I have heard $800 a day for the 601 and $900 a day for the 604 (CONUS rates). Is this accurate?

Any and all info is appreciated.

BeeVee

Knock on doors and hand out resumes with cover letters explaining what you're interested in doing for them, contract flying. Those rates are what Challenger pilots are getting around here.

Email Kelly at: [email protected]

Get on their list and you'll get calls from them. I've been with them for awhile, they pay above standard and they airline you to and from wherever it is they need you. All expenses paid too.

Last edited:
What Fly91 said, knock on doors, knock on a lot of doors. Get business cards from as many as you can and get the word out what you're looking for. Your rates sound reasonable. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back