Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

#9 Roy Hobbs

Greetings,
Are there any military pilots here who know anything about a company called L-3 Vertex out of Savannah? They have jobs available in Iraq flying BE 350's, 2 pilot crew and an 'airborne systems operator'(which req. 5 years exp as a tactical crew member. Anyone who can shed some light on this gig would be appreciated. Thanks.

L-3 is a pretty decent sized aviation contractor. Navy used them for a while for maintaining Training Command aircraft. IIRC, they are also producing some wing kits for the grounded P-3s as well as a bunch of other stuff. Pretty sure I've seen the planes during bounce flights up there. As far as this specific mission details- you probably aren't going to get much on that here.

Edit: Looking at the job listing... they are looking for guys to operate the imaging system so that should tell you in general what planes are used for.

Last edited:
Please check out this web site, www.l-3vertex.com for information on the company. The company is based in Madison, MS, not Savanah.
I work for Vertex and we still have maintenance contracts for many CNATRA programs. The only platforms that we do not have full CLS on is the Navy T-6A (we supply all parts for this program), the T-34C and the T-44A/C's. We still repair landing gear components on these platforms for the primary contractor.
A separate division of L-3 has the P-3 contracts at Greenville and Waco, TX locations.
I do not have any insight on the BE350 job in question.

From looking at this ad, me thinks if you don't have prior tactical experience and a TS security clearance, you're not going to hear anything back from them.

Latest resources

Back