Contract flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flatspin

I'm a 40 year old pilot here in Atlanta on furlough with DAL. Prior to taking the jump to the major 18 months ago I was employed by a major corp. here in Atlanta for 12 years. ( No regrets, I'm glad I was able to do it. My crystal ball broke right before 9/11) I have alot of good corp. experience, type ratings, and can furnish some excellent references. If anyone can help me with some leads or places that I can get info on some leads (websites, jobsearch companys,etc.) I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you,

Man! With that laundry list you got for a resume you should have no trouble finding short or long-term work around ATL.:D

Call Universal Jet over at PDK, 770-966-9116 or try Flightworks also at PDK, 770-422-7375.

Both companies have sizable fleets and over 20 full-timers each.

flatspin,

Try borrowing an NBAA membership guide from a local FBO. Usually, the big chains like Signature or Million Air are NBAA members. With that book you can quickly identify companies, equipment, locations, etc... Start making contact. This is a good way to get started, make contacts, get leads, etc...

Also, check website keywords; avcrew, pilotjobs, climbto350, there are several others. Avcrew is one of the better ones.

Very sorry to hear about DAL. With any luck, you won't be out for long. Hope you are able to get your 20 with them. (Or at least 19).

Good luck.

Not sure where these positions are at, but they are through a placement firm, with fees paid. Good luck.

Hope DAL calls you soon.

#356 Citation Pilot
Citation corporate position. Must be typed with excellent employment background. Please send full resume. We will contact those candidates who qualify. Please Fax resume to 586-726-8721, or email to [email protected]

#354 CE-500 Captain
CE-500 typed pilot for a private corporation. 5000 T.T, 2500 M.E., 1000 T.P., 1000 Jet, Simuflite or Flight Safety training a must. Excellent Part 91 Corporation. Employer pays our placement fee. $50-60k Please Fax resume to 586-726-8721, or email to [email protected]

Hey CL60, Thanks alot for the good advise. I found a NBAA guide today. Thanks also for the websites. I,ll use them also. I'll get my 20 1/2 years in as I retain my years of service while on furlough. The Union also picks up the tab on our health insurance while we're out. I think the furlough will be short. I'm actually looking foward to the chance of flying some corp. aircraft again. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Sincerely,

CitationCapt,
Thank you very much for the contacts you sent me. I spent 15 years as a working pilot in gen aviation before making the change to the airlines. Its nice to know that there are folks out there who can appreciate the hard work and the paying of the dues in general aviation, and can help a fellow aviator out in times of need. There are alot of us guys in the airlines who came from corporate backgrounds who still talk highly of our gen avia. past and inform the other pilots we are with on what kind of cool little jet that is that just went by. Some like me were just looking for a better schedual. Thanks again for taking time out to help.
Sincerely,

Latest resources

Back