Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dinger

due for recurrent.
Found out the the boss is selling the plane.....offer already received! Just curious, how many coporate ops out there use contract guys on an as-needed basis. Further more, what is the standard rate for contract guys in various regions? All valid info appreciated.

I believe the contract rate is $800 +/- per day, not sure of the region. I believe to be 135 contract you have to ba a full-time employee (that doesn't mean you actually work full time, just full time on paper). That may be an ops specs thing. I know guys who stay busy with contract work - it seems that it took a while to build a network. FS may be a good place to start marketing (competing against the IPs there). Good Luck!

AZT

Wow, it was $800/day ten to fifteen years ago as well.

I know it varies greatly by region. HPN usually offers the highest. A friend of mine used to work as a contract FA for $800/day, and that was at least seven years ago.

I don't know what model a 604 is, but a very well known financial company operates a couple of Challenger 300's out of my airport. They pay their contract pilots airfare, hotel, all expenses, and $1,000 per day. They're also going to add a couple of G200's to their fleet pretty soon, and I'd imagine that contract rate will be similiar.

We're located in the 'deep south'.

Latest resources

Back