• Start date
  • Watchers 10

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The MMEL is for things that happen before an aircraft blocks out. Once you blocked out you should refer to the QRH. If an item is listed in the MMEL and not the QRH then use the MMEL M and O procedures.

If you use the MMEL you must comply with any M and O procedures. If you can safely continue the flight with the operatinal limitations (fly at a lower atlitude for example) imposed by the MMEL then you can continue the flight. If you cannot comply with the limitations and continue the flight you must come up with another plan.

If you have a problem in flight then you run the QRH and comply with any operational limitations it may impose (fly at a lower attitude for example). The QRH will tell you if you need to land as soon as practical or land as soon as possible. If the QRH does not tell you to land then it is up to your judgement whether to continue the flight or make a new plan.

Once you land after using the QRH then you will either have to have the equipment repaired or deferred per the MMEL.

Weird ... I wonder why so many professional pilots think that corporate pilots are hacks.

Yeah...'cause airline pilots, military pilots, and palm pilots NEVER cut a corner, NEVER have deviations from SOPs, NEVER have screw ups. I like the fact that you differentiate "professional" pilots from "corporate" pilots. I'm certainly not advocating that there aren't more inherent risks associated with being a corporate pilot, there are. But drawing a line in the sand as if those of us that choose flying avocations other than the airlines are somehow a step below you "professional" guys makes you sound like, well, an airline pilot.

Yeah...'cause airline pilots, military pilots, and palm pilots NEVER cut a corner, NEVER have deviations from SOPs, NEVER have screw ups. I like the fact that you differentiate "professional" pilots from "corporate" pilots. I'm certainly not advocating that there aren't more inherent risks associated with being a corporate pilot, there are. But drawing a line in the sand as if those of us that choose flying avocations other than the airlines are somehow a step below you "professional" guys makes you sound like, well, an airline pilot.
Yawn ... I is a corp pilot.

I gathered that. I'm saying that your post makes you SOUND like an airline pilot.

When I stop seeing guys fly broken airplanes (non MELable items) I will stop believing that there a bunch of hacks in this business.

We have all seen the guys at FSI that are dumber than sack of rocks that hav no business flying an airplane. But because they are "clients" they are treated with kid gloves.

Now I have seens some excellent corp pilots. The types that create and follow SOP's and use MEL's. But I have seen some exceptionally stupid ones as well. The types who make up there own rules and disregard the AFM's, MEL's ect because they are burdonsome.

If it was not but for excellent equiptment and the inherient safety of aviation they would be dead.

I don't disagree with what you've posted, my point (and ONLY point) is that there are weak pilots found in nearly every facet of aviation. I've flown with corporate pilots that I consider to be great sticks, I've flown with corporate pilots that I wouldn't want to live under the flight path of, let alone fly with. I've also flown with a 767 captain that quite literally couldn't file a flight plan, and I trained a 777 captain in the T-bird that was a true pleasure to fly with, and someone that I learned a great deal from. Professionalism is an individual attitude, and if you know how to bottle that and market it, let me know where to buy stock.

Well its easy to be so professional when you don't do anything (ie: airline pilots)...

It's very, very rare to find an airline pilot that can keep up with the corporate pilot routine. If you don't believe me ask some of the other flight departments that do not hire airline pilots.

Surely this will stir up enough to keep the posts coming

Latest resources

Back