Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continential hiring (QOL, Junior Bases?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So Continenal is hiring. I am told they are not requiring PIC turbine time. Is that right? What are their junior bases (I am guessing Newark and Cleveland). How is the QOL? Would it be worth it to leave a stable, yet long time to upgrade jet position, to come and work there?

Where are you, Eagle? Depending on age 65, upgrade will happen relatively fast here at CAL. I have been online for one month and I am holding a line now. 737 EWR. No brainer if you ask me. Any Major is better than a regional.

I nearly forgot, what is the payscale like?

you can probably figure it out.... I'm in the DFW area, 3 years at a stable place flying a jet (2100+ hrs SIC jet, but no PIC turbine). Do you still think a guy like me could get on at CAL?

If so, how long to hold RSV or a line at IAH? Let me rephrase that, can I get anything in IAH to start?

Last edited:
You need an internal rec. I.E. walk in to be in consideration. The search function is great, lots of good info.

You can get assigned 737 IAH in training, it depends on what your age can hold in class. Line would come about 1 month later in IAH v. EWR.

Line would come about 1 month later in IAH v. EWR.

Not necessarily true. Only spent 5 weeks on reserve in IAH....737. Well above G-line (guaranteed line with PBS) already. EWR classmates were in the exact same boat. Of course they did tell all the EWR people they would hold a line by March and all the IAH by August. We ALL held lines in the same month. But historically speaking, EWR goes junior and you will hold a line there sooner.

Subject to change. :cool:

Last edited:
Good luck getting in here with no turbine PIC. I know it happens occasionally but those guys are very well connected.

So Continenal is hiring. I am told they are not requiring PIC turbine time. Is that right? What are their junior bases (I am guessing Newark and Cleveland). How is the QOL? Would it be worth it to leave a stable, yet long time to upgrade jet position, to come and work there?

A few people are getting cleveland occasionally out of newhire (2 in my class) but generally speaking that is a relatively senior base.

One of my walk-ins had no internal recs. Even the interviewer asked him how he got called. He's now on the 757.

Frustrating in one sense, he gets called and the job with no internal recs, I have four internal recs and no call in nearly two years the app has been on file.

A few people are getting cleveland occasionally out of newhire (2 in my class) but generally speaking that is a relatively senior base.

Junior pilot in Cleveland is a 12/06 hire. Can't get there much quicker than that, considering training last a few weeks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back