• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continential Airlines question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be wrong, but I think you need to find a CAL pilot that you flew with. This person has to be able to attest to your flying skills as well as your character.

Had my online app in for a month or so with 1 rec. Went to a certain job fair and spoke with K.D. for about 5-10 mins and was called within a week.

Just had two new CAL hires (just finished IOE) I flew with in the past write a letter of rec. about a week ago. Hope its enough to get the interview?

i had some internal recs and got an interview call and hire within about a month of each other. They really do rely heavily on the internal recs. Sounds bias from me since it got me in the door, but it makes sense as already said since they are hiring somewhat of a known quantity using the system. If you have an internal rec and not getting a call, you might want to call the people that gave it to you and have them check on it. That same thing happened to me, found out that whatever magic spell they put on your app with the rec didnt get put on it. They corrected that and 3 days later I got the call. Just something to check into. Great company with great people. They want to keep it that way.

SFR said:
Ex. You know someone who knows a CAL pilot or someone who knows someone who knows a CAL pilot. That is true!!!!

Good luck! Also, if you don't know any, start to jumpseat on them if they are an option for your commute.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't feel right in asking a guy I don't know very well for a recommendation. How can I ask a friend of a friend for a recommendation? Just doesn't work for me. I guess I'll just wait.

you dont ask him yourself, get your friend who knows him to ask him on your behalf. If your friend is a true friend, I would hope that he would want to do this for you.

That's a good way to put your "true friend" on the spot and make him think twice about your friendship. I think the criteria for a recommendation is that you can attest to the applicant's flying skills or for a personal reference, you have to have known the person for ten years.

ACwild,

You do not have to had known the person 10yrs....to get on the A list you must have flown with the person and think, besides the person being of great character, that you could handle flying with him or her on a 3 or 4 day trip.

I thought it was either/or. For instance, if you flew with the person, it would be a professional reference. That's the one that I've had to fill out for some friends through an e-mail from the AirApps site. Then you have the personal references who you're supposed to have known for ten years. Like I said, I'm not sure.

Really it's up to the person who walks in the rec. The one certainty is that you must have actually flown with the person to get them on the "A" list. I've walked in a few rec's and had conversations with a couple of different ACP's, and they tell me that you must have flying exp. with that person, that person must have adeq. multi PIC time. They are also concerned with reasons that you left previous positions. They are concerned about people grabbing a type and leaving. If I rec. someone and they leave for another airline, I don't think they would accept anymore recs. from me. Personally that person would not get anymore recs. from me!!

Latest resources

Back